Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 22, 2014 at 01:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arians has a fan?  (Read 521 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Oct 11, 2010 at 14:40 »

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/18782/afc-north-offensive-coordinator-rankings

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2010 at 14:45 »

Walker is usually pretty good but Cameron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Arians and it's not even close.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2010 at 21:21 »

Honestly, it is shocking that Walker wrote something so ridiculous.

Just consider the first sentence:

"Despite the Steelers being ranked No. 29 in total offense..."

He should have ended the article right there.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2010 at 13:17 »

I can't believe I'm actually typing this but in Arians' defense, it's hard to grade his performance this year given the QB situation.  Let's at least give him the chance to inevitably fail with Ben at the helm before grading him out.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2010 at 13:50 »

I can't believe I'm actually typing this but in Arians' defense, it's hard to grade his performance this year given the QB situation.  Let's at least give him the chance to inevitably fail with Ben at the helm before grading him out.

Gotta agree with this.

He actually called some non-shitty games, notably the TB win.

And here's something else.  The OL has played much better this year, so it will be interesting to see how that affects BA's playcalling WRT to the rushing game.

I know ARE had some clutch grabs in the Ravens loss, but it will be interesting as well to see if BA can integrate Manny Sanders the way he did Mike Wallace.  This might mean less ARE as the season goes on; so be it.

My main beef hasn't been overall yardage, but rather RZ performance.  Also, we've stuttered on 3rd down conversions under BA.  Would like to see more cohesive drives.  Hard to do with the carousel of gimps we've had at QB thus far tho.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2010 at 14:15 »

I'd like to see him keep using Mendy and Redman but in less predictable situations.  Just keep working them in and get Mendy his 100 yards if possible.  The OL does seem much improved this year but I wonder what it'll look like when Ben gets back and starts holding the ball for 6 seconds.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2010 at 15:45 »

I'd like to see him keep using Mendy and Redman but in less predictable situations.  Just keep working them in and get Mendy his 100 yards if possible.  The OL does seem much improved this year but I wonder what it'll look like when Ben gets back and starts holding the ball for 6 seconds.

There were a handful of plays that Batch had forever and a day to throw but he couldn't decide if he should run or pass, so hopefully that is a sign of good things to come from the OL.  I think the key difference is Ben needs to learn to stay in the pocket sometimes.  It's easier to block when you know where your QB is.  Obviously the rollout is vital to Ben's success, but I think he would have much more time to throw if he just hung in there a little longer.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: