Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 01:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friggin' Worthless Opinions  (Read 2084 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Oct 04, 2010 at 10:08 »

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 10:21 »

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 10:22 »

kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 10:33 »

To one of your other points, ben can't get back soon enough. Playing a defense like the Ravens really exposes Batch's shortcomings not only in arm strength and accuracy but decision making. There were at least 2 times yesterday that Batch had about 10 seconds in the pocket and couldn't decide whether to run or throw the ball away and ended up taking a sack. He missed alot of throws that I have to think ben makes too.

I'm not so sure that this particular beef with CB will get any better with BR.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 10:42 »

To one of your other points, ben can't get back soon enough. Playing a defense like the Ravens really exposes Batch's shortcomings not only in arm strength and accuracy but decision making. There were at least 2 times yesterday that Batch had about 10 seconds in the pocket and couldn't decide whether to run or throw the ball away and ended up taking a sack. He missed alot of throws that I have to think ben makes too.

Really??  Ben has proven that holding onto the ball results in favorable plays as often (probably more often) as they result in sacks or turnovers...  There were at least 3 times yesterday when I just screamed, "throw the ball!"  I mean, the corner's are supposedly b-more's weakness, right?  You can't tell me they were that good in coverage that Charlie couldn't find anybody open...  He seemed to be seeing things at least a second or two later than Ben would see things.  Even that time when he hit Wallace streaking across the field for the first down, he had all day to get the ball to him, and waited till the last second...  Wallace got tackled right afterwards...if he throws it earlier, who knows what kind or room wallace has to run with...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 10:58 »

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 11:02 »

Just looking over the schedule.  Tough 4 game stretch starting with @ Miami,@ New Orleans, @ Cincinnati and then home against the Pats.  BTW those first 3 games are all at 8:30.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 11:13 »

Really??  Ben has proven that holding onto the ball results in favorable plays as often (probably more often) as they result in sacks or turnovers...  There were at least 3 times yesterday when I just screamed, "throw the ball!"  I mean, the corner's are supposedly b-more's weakness, right?  You can't tell me they were that good in coverage that Charlie couldn't find anybody open...  He seemed to be seeing things at least a second or two later than Ben would see things.  Even that time when he hit Wallace streaking across the field for the first down, he had all day to get the ball to him, and waited till the last second...  Wallace got tackled right afterwards...if he throws it earlier, who knows what kind or room wallace has to run with...

I'm not suggesting that BR is not a better QB than CB. Just that he holds the ball possibly longer than any other QB in the league. Yeah, sometimes (lots of times?) he makes very good plays when he does that, but in all honesty, he should probably throw the ball away.

Are you saying that you have not screamed throw the ball a few times with Ben at the helm? Because I have and I bet a few others here have too. There is no QB controversy with me because I know who the better QB is and I know that the only chance of a deep run in the playoffs is with Ben running the show, but we have had 9 sacks in the previous 4 games (ATL, @TEN, @TB, BAL) with Dixon, BFL, and CB leading the team. I would not be surprised if that number is the same or worse in the next 4 (CLE, @MIA, @NO, @CIN) even though those defenses are not nearly as good.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 11:33 »

I have yelled at Ben before, but it doesn't bother me like it does when Batch holds onto the ball...  The chances of something good happening with Batch holding it are slim to none...

And the assumption that we will have at least 9 sacks in the next four games is a perfectly good assumption.  But I'll bet that we have more than 3 or 4 touchdown passes in those games...and without a doubt, will probably triple or quadriple our overall offensive production. 

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 12:11 »

I have yelled at Ben before, but it doesn't bother me like it does when Batch holds onto the ball...  The chances of something good happening with Batch holding it are slim to none...

And the assumption that we will have at least 9 sacks in the next four games is a perfectly good assumption.  But I'll bet that we have more than 3 or 4 touchdown passes in those games...and without a doubt, will probably triple or quadriple our overall offensive production. 

OK...then we agree to agree. My only point was that the QB holding the ball too long isn't going to stop just because Ben is back.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: