Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 28, 2014 at 22:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friggin' Worthless Opinions  (Read 1938 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 12:31 »

I just listened to Colin Cowherd say despite the loss Pittsburgh is the best team in the league.  Here comes the bandwagon.  I smell a 12-4 record, with losses to the Bengals, Bills and Jets.  And yes we will lose to a team like the Bills.

Yeah, dude musta suffered some head trauma in the last few weeks or something.  Like I mentioned in another thread last week, he said that Pittsburgh was the #1 team in the league AINEC.

Edit:  BTW, nice points, P.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 21:31 »

Re: point 4, if you're saying that too many second-and-longs are wasted going for broke to a streaking Mike Wallace, I agree. Like Roethlisberger's ball holding (snicker), it pays off from time-to-time, but not enough to do it as often as was done in the Ravens game (which oft led to third-and-longs).

Couple of questions: 1) did it seem to anyone else as though Oher was moving early nearly every snap? He seemed to be even with Flacco during his dropbacks every play. My naked eyes sensed movement often. 2) On the hold on the final punt, did it occur in the end zone? If so, shouldn't it have been a safety anyway?

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Ytownsteelfan

« Reply #12 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 07:37 »

Finally decided to get online, I hate the 24 hrs after a Steelers loss and all the haters coming out and posting crap.  My biggest beef with the game was of course BA.  Going into the game, the biggest, glaring weakness of the Ravens D was their secondary.  No Ed Reed, and everyone else is subpar.  However, I seem to recall, that about halfway through the third period, we had 6 pass attempts total.  Was it BA arrogance scheming the offense to run into the teeth of the Ravens.  I would think a smart OC would exploit their opponents weakness, but we all know BA is not smart.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 08:04 »

BA called a good game the previous week, so he was sure to lay an egg vs the Ravens.  He is incapable of calling consistently good games.  It appears as if ba thinks to himself "I shoud call a pass play on 2nd and 8, but they probably thin I might try something different like a pass, so I'll call a run - ooooh wait, no a reverse".

I have to say, I'd take BA over Martz, but that's about it.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #14 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 08:58 »

I have to say, I'd take BA over Martz, but that's about it.

True dat.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #15 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 09:08 »

Re: point 4, if you're saying that too many second-and-longs are wasted going for broke to a streaking Mike Wallace, I agree. Like Roethlisberger's ball holding (snicker), it pays off from time-to-time, but not enough to do it as often as was done in the Ravens game (which oft led to third-and-longs).

Couple of questions: 1) did it seem to anyone else as though Oher was moving early nearly every snap? He seemed to be even with Flacco during his dropbacks every play. My naked eyes sensed movement often. 2) On the hold on the final punt, did it occur in the end zone? If so, shouldn't it have been a safety anyway?

I wondered about that.  Not sure if the holding occured in or out of the end zone

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
BleedGreen710

« Reply #16 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 09:21 »

Joe - My dad and I kept talking about how it looked like Oher was moving early on just about every snap....  I definitely agree that it at least appeared to be a false start...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 09:41 »

I think the only time holding in the EZ results in a Safety is on a pass play.  Everything else is "half da distance".

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 09:59 »

Joe - My dad and I kept talking about how it looked like Oher was moving early on just about every snap....  I definitely agree that it at least appeared to be a false start...

That was the weird thing about the INT by Ike.  Oher clearly moved early.  He thought he had, Harrison thought he had, everyone kind of half-assed it through the play.  Next thing you know, Ike is actually holding onto the football.

I kept waiting for someone to say "False Start," but it didn't happen. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Joetorious

« Reply #19 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 12:25 »

I think the only time holding in the EZ results in a Safety is on a pass play.  Everything else is "half da distance".

Not sure about that. I may have misinterpreted the rule, but on nfl.com/rulebook, when explaining "safeties," it says this:

I guess it depends on where the hold actually occured, but given the fact that the Stillers were on the 1 (or was it the half-yard line?), I don't see how the hold couldn't have taken place in the EZ.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: