Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 16:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harrison the Beast  (Read 3281 times)
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 09:49 »

Jonzr, Im telling ya now that Harrisons helmet hit Massaquois helmet.  You can hear it.  Might not have been intentional, but I know it hit.  

Webster says this:

Definition of CONCUSSION
a : a stunning, damaging, or shattering effect from a hard blow; especially : a jarring injury of the brain resulting in disturbance of cerebral function

Ive not heard of a concussion occurring from a blow to the chest.  Its a blow to the head.  Everyone knows this shit Jonz.  And both Cribbs and Massaquoi have concussions.  I hate the Browns, and fuckin love Harrison, but Im just stating the facts here.  His hat hit Massaquois.  You can fucking hear it!

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 09:50 »

I honestly don't have a problem with punishment for guys leading with the head because it risks serious injury to both the hitter and the hit-ee.

How exactly does one play tackle football and not lead with the head? The human head still sits north of the human shoulders, does it not? How does one lower the shoulder, w/o lowering the head?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 09:55 »

I honestly don't have a problem with punishment for guys leading with the head because it risks serious injury to both the hitter and the hit-ee.

How exactly does one play tackle football and not lead with the head? The human head still sits north of the human shoulders, does it not? How does one lower the shoulder, w/o lowering the head?

What we need are immediate new rules by which defensive players have their heads surgically removed.  That will solve this mess.

There's plenty of Tea Party folks who could do that right now. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 09:56 »

Technique.  

Proper tackling--which is rarely taught on any level--involves bending the knees, lowering the shoulders, and bowing the neck to keep the face up.  Put the face on the playside number and shoot across the body to the football, bringing the shoulder and shooting the hands to wrap up.  A player is almost 99% less likely to hurt his head/neck by bowing it rather than bringing it forward.  

Leading with the head is much less violent when it is done face first.

Now, my problem is that the NFL is so fast that you lose technique trying to make a play.  That's why I question the ability of the league to punish players for this.  But if a guy puts his head down, you punish him so that he'll think twice about breaking technique.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 09:58 »

Good point.  Lowering the head and leading with the head are two different animals.  They want shoulder tackles (which kinda makes no sense when they tell you to "square up" for a hit)  Offset shoulder tackles.  OR head up tackles.  Football 101 Oat.  Stick your ass out.  facemask into the chest of the opponent.  Pop your lower body.  Textbook.  Where the fuck is Sage at on this?  Hes the damned coach isnt he?!?!

Waylon Jennings
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 10:01 »

Technique.  

Proper tackling--which is rarely taught on any level--involves bending the knees, lowering the shoulders, and bowing the neck to keep the face up.  Put the face on the playside number and shoot across the body to the football, bringing the shoulder and shooting the hands to wrap up.  A player is almost 99% less likely to hurt his head/neck by bowing it rather than bringing it forward.  

Leading with the head is much less violent when it is done face first.

Now, my problem is that the NFL is so fast that you lose technique trying to make a play.  That's why I question the ability of the league to punish players for this.  But if a guy puts his head down, you punish him so that he'll think twice about breaking technique.

Well said old man.

Waylon Jennings
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 10:12 »

Yeah, technique is a great thing. You've got ball carriers falling down, trying to get one more yard and defensive players heading south, trying to stop them. You think head position is really on their mind. Fuck no.

Ok, nobody put their head down when they tackle. This will be great.

P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 10:21 »

Quit scanning your refrigerator magnets.  First DTF and now this.  Geez.  Next pic will say I HEART MAPLE SYRUP or some shit.

Waylon Jennings
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #28 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 10:28 »

Jonzr, Im telling ya now that Harrisons helmet hit Massaquois helmet.  You can hear it.  Might not have been intentional, but I know it hit.  

I watched the clip with the sound down here at work.  It didn't look like helmet2helmet but I'll take your word for it.  You could see it on Cribs hit, not so much with M-whateverthefuck.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 10:30 »

I watched the clip with the sound down here at work.  It didn't look like helmet2helmet but I'll take your word for it.  You could see it on Cribs hit, not so much with M-whateverthefuck.

Well when you get home crank the volume.  Youll hear it.  Clear as day.

Waylon Jennings
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: