Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 20:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rangers v Damned Yankees  (Read 1142 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Oct 19, 2010 at 15:26 »

One more win in the next 3 games guarantees that in game 7 we'll see

Gotta admit, that game 1 meltdown just about drained my entire life force.  Good to see they've corrected things.  Should be interesting tonight, hopefully Hunter can make it 6 innings.

That was a cool pic of the street signs at the intersection of Cliff and Lee in Ft Worth but Twitpic is blocking the link.
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2010 at 23:05 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 23:05 »

Found it again.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2010 at 08:54 »

Damn, these websites don't like hotlinking alla sudden.  Fortunately the douche and his chubby douche friend (not pictured) didn't affect the outcome of the game.
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:10 by jonzr » Logged

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 22:11 »

Hory clap!  It couldn't have been more perfect:  beat the Stankees to go to the WS by striking out Payroid for the final out!  LMFAO!!!!  SUCK IT YOU DAMN YANKEES!!!!

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2010 at 10:48 »

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2010 at 11:18 »

Damn, these websites don't like hotlinking alla sudden.  Fortunately the douche and his chubby douche friend (not pictured) didn't affect the outcome of the game.

That was a HR, Broseph.  Grazed their arms and bounced off the shelf behind the top of the wall.  Not considered interference if they don't come into contact with the ball in the field of play.

Jeffrey Maier, this ain't.

A Texas/SanFran WS is a Championship that no one predicted at the beginning of the year.  Shit, doubt anybody predicted it at the beginning of the playoffs either.  Congrats on the series win and good luck in the World Series. 

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2010 at 11:51 »

Oh yeah, it was a homer for sure, but those fans most certainly interfered with the glove.  Neither here nor there though. Anyways, not gonna sit here and say I predicted anything, but did feel they had a chance after they way they played Tampa.  Cliff Lee came through, I just hope they can get another great series from him before the off season when the Yankees back a dump truck full of cash up to his house.

It may not be the WS that MLB wanted, but fuck MLB.  I bet there are plenty of people sick of seeing the high payroll teams in it almost every year.  A change is nice, besides, it's more fun to watch an actual team of guys who are obviously having fun playing a game than a bunch of robotic mercenaries.

#CLAWME

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2010 at 12:12 »

Oh yeah, it was a homer for sure, but those fans most certainly interfered with the glove.  Neither here nor there though. Anyways, not gonna sit here and say I predicted anything, but did feel they had a chance after they way they played Tampa.  Cliff Lee came through, I just hope they can get another great series from him before the off season when the Yankees back a dump truck full of cash up to his house.

It may not be the WS that MLB wanted, but fuck MLB.  I bet there are plenty of people sick of seeing the high payroll teams in it almost every year.  A change is nice, besides, it's more fun to watch an actual team of guys who are obviously having fun playing a game than a bunch of robotic mercenaries.

#CLAWME

That's my point.  There's no fan interference if a player is reaching into the stands and his glove is hit.  He was reaching over the wall to make the catch.  Fair game.  That's what those fans were pissing themselves about when Cruz went bitching to the umps.  They did come off as douchey, but I'd imagine it was a pretty intense moment.

Got no problem with the change of pace in WS...other than my team not being one of them, obv.  Just meant that neither of these teams were probably in the top 3-5 of preseason picks in their league for going all the way.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2010 at 12:28 »

He never had a chance to get his glove on the other side of the wall 'cause that fan was on the field-of-play side of the wall first.  And he would have had a shot at it if they hadn't interfered. Fortunately, it didn't matter.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2010 at 13:27 »

Ah, c'mon Jonzr...they didn't reach into the field of play. That must have been PSed or something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: