Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 09:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friggin' Worthless Opinions on Sunday's Game  (Read 504 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Nov 01, 2010 at 21:14 »

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2010 at 21:59 »

Something to add -

As others suggested in the Game Day thread, Jeff Reed is problematic. I know 51 yards isn't a chip shot, but c'mon - it's indoors. Given the perfect conditions, it's probably akin to kicking a 40 - 45-yard FG outside in fair conditions, which should be made more than missed. I think that early miss changed the way both teams approached the rest of the game.

Essentially, I think Reed has become average (perhaps below average). Add to that his history of A) doing stupid shit in bars; B ) bitching about his contract; C) not being able to KO deep; D) not sacrificing his body to save TDs on the returns of his weak-ass KOs; and E) most recently, his inability to make makeable FGs, and I can't stand him.

If Hines Field wasn't what the Steelers called home, I'd be all for the Steelers cutting him and signing any able-footed K out there. As it is, his newfound mediocrity will yield better results than someone who isn't familiar with the HF's conditions.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2010 at 09:54 »

If Hines Field wasn't what the Steelers called home, I'd be all for the Steelers cutting him and signing any able-footed K out there. As it is, his newfound mediocrity will yield better results than someone who isn't familiar with the HF's conditions.

Excellent points, JT.  What's Jeff Reed's contract?  If it's up after this year, wouldn't be shocked to see the Steelers let him go.

I will say that he is better on kickoffs this season, but still nothing special.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2010 at 11:26 »

?/// LSHTPICOMN!!1111LOLLER!11   MOREY LICK AZZHOLIOS!!111

Seriously...dead fucking serious here, Peyton "OCD" Manning could step in tomorrow and call a better game than Arians.  No doubt in my mind.  None.

10.  Ben is back.  Let him run the damn offense however he wants to run it--INCLUDING (but not limited to) the no huddle.

What is this "no huddle" you speak of?  Sounds like something that might be used as a change of pace/get the offense in rhythm kinda approach...pass.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2010 at 19:00 »

I actually have no issue with either the Hines pushoff (thought that was pretty obvious) or the Harrison flag (even he knew it was a late hit after he saw the replay).

What I do have a problem with is the no call on that Hines PI call when Torrance launched himself helmet-first right into Hines' helmet and nothing was called.  They should have been off-setting penalties and we would have had the ball in better position for a 40-ish yard FG instead of settling for a 51 yarder that Skippy missed.  On top of that, they fine Harrison again for a hit that was late, but surely wasn't vicious and they still do nothing about the Torrance hit on Ward which was pretty blatant, IMO.

These fines are dictated by the media and nothing else, simple as that.  Fuck Goodell.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2010 at 08:16 »

Yeah, WTF happened to the no huddle?

It's not like it was ever MORE EFFECTIVE than the standard BA crapshoot.

BTW, there is no such thing as offensive holding, kids.  It's been taken out of the rule book.  Swear.  Look it up.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 09:10 »

Yeah, WTF happened to the no huddle?

It's not like it was ever MORE EFFECTIVE than the standard BA crapshoot.

BTW, there is no such thing as offensive holding, kids.  It's been taken out of the rule book.  Swear.  Look it up.

Unless we're on offense....

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: