Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 20:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cue the Steelers 2010 collapse in 5...4...3...  (Read 2188 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 10:01 »

Oh, and IMO?

Shitty year for drafting a tackle.  Just awful.  Especially LT.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 10:47 »

Oh, and IMO?

Shitty year for drafting a tackle.  Just awful.  Especially LT.

That's great, since we may well earn an early 1st round pick if this keeps up.

The truly discouraging news is that the success of the offense depends on Bruce Arians adjusting to the sad state of our offensive line.  Play-action, roll outs, quick throws (NOT wr screens), use the TE, use the RBs.  If he'll do that, then we have a chance.

:rolleyes:

My sermon this week:

What Happens First:  Bruce Arians Makes Adjustments, or the Second Coming of Christ?

This will surely be my best work ever on signs of the apocalypse.  Cause if BA makes changes, I can tell you what's coming next!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 11:28 »

Oh, BTW, our depth chart has Tony Hills listed as backup LT.  If I had forgotten about Hills, it is because he is completely forgettable.  Is it Tony's time, or will he be proven to be filler?  Like, why do we have a backup LT if he can't play the position?

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 11:38 »

My sources tell me the Steelers will most likely sign one of these guys.

O-line beef
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #14 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 12:09 »

I see Scott failing horribly at LT

Scott? Mr. Penalty? Yeah, I can see that, too.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 15:07 »

The truly discouraging news is that the success of the offense depends on Bruce Arians adjusting to the sad state of our offensive line.  Play-action, roll outs, quick throws (NOT wr screens), use the TE, use the RBs.  If he'll do that, then we have a chance.

This will surely be my best work ever on signs of the apocalypse.  Cause if BA makes changes, I can tell you what's coming next!

Preach, you are clearly not thinking as deeply as BA is. No doubt he realizes that Belichick will ALSO think that is what he is going to do.

Therefore, he will surprise us all with a heavy dose of deep QB drops and long developing pass plays. Since the Patriots know we can't pass block, we are going to shock them, baby!

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 15:56 »

Preach, you are clearly not thinking as deeply as BA is. No doubt he realizes that Belichick will ALSO think that is what he is going to do.

Therefore, he will surprise us all with a heavy dose of deep QB drops and long developing pass plays. Since the Patriots know we can't pass block, we are going to shock them, baby!

BELICHICK [*Sweating heavily*]: He can't possibly run a third consecutive bubble screen to Ward... can he... CAN HE?!

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 17:13 »

No shit. I hope that Pouncey has proved to both Tomlin and Colbert the value of beefing up the OL. Can you imagine if we had drafted maybe just one more solid starter on the OL in the past 2 or 3 years at either guard OR tackle?!?

Motherfuckin' crazy talk, man.  Crazy.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 17:15 »

The truly discouraging news is that the success of the offense depends on Bruce Arians adjusting to the sad state of our offensive line.  Play-action, roll outs, quick throws (NOT wr screens), use the TE, use the RBs.  If he'll do that, then we have a chance.

Oh, he'll be usin' 'em all right.  All tree of 'em.
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2010 at 08:38 by aj_law » Logged

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 17:24 »

Almost forgot...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: