Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 18:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cue the Steelers 2010 collapse in 5...4...3...  (Read 1914 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 20:16 »

wow this is mighty suckage.

"Experts" won't notice O line woes until we're 6-5 or worse.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #21 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 20:40 »

Ben simply has to start getting rid of the ball with greater urgency.  And notice I don't say, "Needs to learn ..", because that's bullshit.  He's a veteran NFL QB, he can do it.  So why doesn't he?  Time for the coaches to assert their will on the situation IMO.  His play is hurting the team more than it helps it, he's too inconsistent and reckless.  Sure, it makes for some great highlight reel stuff - for both teams.

Reign that bitch in and learn him up good:  save the heroics for when they're needed, not in any situation late in the 1st quarter and sure as fuck not on 2nd and 7 in the 4th when trying to run down the clock!  The gunslinger shit should not be his default style.

So yeah, cue the collapse if Big Dipshit can't get his head outta his arse.

Yes! Good calls across the board!

For years, I've thoroughly believed that the Steelers should blast Tina Turner's "We Don't Need Another Hero" from the locker room before the game and during halftime, and throughout the stadium anytime the Steelers' offense takes the field.

Glad to hear it, Jonzr.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #22 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 20:52 »

The truly discouraging news is that the success of the offense depends on Bruce Arians adjusting to the sad state of our offensive line.  Play-action, roll outs, quick throws (NOT wr screens), use the TE, use the RBs.  If he'll do that, then we have a chance.

This will surely be my best work ever on signs of the apocalypse.  Cause if BA makes changes, I can tell you what's coming next!

Preach, you are clearly not thinking as deeply as BA is. No doubt he realizes that Belichick will ALSO think that is what he is going to do.

Therefore, he will surprise us all with a heavy dose of deep QB drops and long developing pass plays. Since the Patriots know we can't pass block, we are going to shock them, baby!

BELICHICK [*Sweating heavily*]: He can't possibly run a third consecutive bubble screen to Ward... can he... CAN HE?!

I tell you what, man - this is comedy gold in its purest form!

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
sysadmin7

« Reply #23 on: Nov 11, 2010 at 01:01 »

PPG reporting Starks has neck injury, may be done for year.  If not, looks like he's on the Aaron Smith plan at very best.

Thank God we drafted all those LBs instead of, oh I dunno, shoring up depth with the big uglies like I fucking screamed we should have.  Smith and Starks are out, Keisel is iffy, Kemo is gimped, the DL backups get an incomplete at best, and our LT depth sucks dog balls.

Remember, we were at 6-2 last season.  Injuries and age can put the season in the tank quick fast and in a hurry.  Guess Colbert was fine drafting a LB for the Bucs and rolling the dice that the uglies would somehow, miraculously, stay healthy.

Well, at least Jon Scott at LT will be familiar with the Pats, having been thoroughly abused by them as a Bill.  And if that doesn't work, we can rearrange the line by moving Hotel to the blind and putting some fat waddler in at RT.  And meanwhile Ben's sack total is going through the fucking roof.  Teams are just gonna overload the edges, and we all know it. 

Sunday could be ugly.  Pats should be 5 point faves, not us.

Barrett Brooks, anyone?

I feel ya Finny. Anytime I post on ESPN, Bleacher Report, etc I get ripped about us taking so many LB's in the draft and picking up O-lineman, a NT replacement or D-line help. Ah, who would want that anyways? Especially after we just cut our 4th round LB to pick up a scrub DE that we'll never use. Some clown on the BleacherReport posted that T. Essex should be the LT....yeah...right. Our right side with T. Essex and F. Adams has to be the worst in the NFL. Move Essex to LT, give me a break. I just don't see the obsession with O-lineman who can play multiple positions. Give me a guy who can play OT well, instead of every position below average. IMO, Hills is the true option at LT. He's a pass blocker and has showed some skill in the pre-season. But he doesn't dress because...J. Scott can play both OT positions. If we have to stick with J. Scott at LT the entire year this season is over. J. Scott is decent depth, but to rely on him at LT? Not good....at all.

Next years O-lineman class really sucks compared to the past couple of seasons. Derek Sherrod is my #1 LT right now and he could fall to us in the late first round. I figure J. Barksdale will move up into the #1 LT position by the draft, but I still prefer Sherrod right now. The rest OT prospects are really a coin flip. I like N. Solder as a 4th round groom guy, but it's going to take a year or two to see him on the field. Will we target a OT, doubtful. OG is about as bad. You have Pouncey's brother, Marcus Cannon (who I'm really high on from TCU) and some more coin flips. I'd love to see us go Sherrod then Cannon for the 1st and 2nd next year...but we'll probably go CB, DE, TE or LB. I'd also like a real FB in the draft, but what in the hell am I thinking...

LINUX = FREEDOM
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Nov 11, 2010 at 07:54 »

Dunno, I think Sherrod goes before us R1.  Barksdale is an enigma, I've seen anywhere from a R1-3 grade on him, but he has to be in the mix: downside is that LSU linemen haven't been much of a go in the pros lately.  That Colorado kid will go higher than R4 just on potential.  Also the kid from BC, Castonzo or something, will go early R1. 

I think the underclassmen from USC are my OT targets.  Matt Kalil is playing LT, and tho only a soph I believe he can declare with 2 years under his belt.  6'6" 295# 5.05 40, and the OL is doing a good job of getting a ground game going in an off year for USC.  Across from him is junior Tyron Smith who looks like he could also play LT in the pros.  6'6" 285# 5.08 40, he's also a rangy guy with good footspeed who just needs a year of bulking up.  IMO, these two guys both have the speed and ability to anchor the blind side.

Only other guy I'm following is Whisky's Gabe Carimi, 6'7" 322# 5.12, but he's starting to look more like RT only.  Have to see more. His value is also all over the board.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
TucsonSteeler

« Reply #25 on: Nov 11, 2010 at 09:24 »

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Nov 11, 2010 at 10:08 »

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Nov 11, 2010 at 10:12 »

Ben wouldn't know what to do with protection.

I'd call 17GL all day long.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Nov 11, 2010 at 14:22 »

Ben wouldn't know what to do with protection.

Waddaya mean?  Ben does his best work when his protection steps up.

:shotsIhasthemdrink!:

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Nov 11, 2010 at 16:54 »

Starks was out for much of the Cinci game, right?  No epic collapse there.  Was Jon Scott in on the last series where Mendy was getting gain after gain?  Cinci hasn't had a good pass rush all season but neither has NE. 

I don't think Jon Scott (or Chris Scott for that matter) is better than Starks.  The Steelers will likely have to keep Heath in more often (assuming Heath plays this weekend) as well as a side car like Moore.  It'll change some of the pass plays.  But this is one of the times I'm thankful for the mobility of Ben.

I was most concerned about Pouncey's health.   I guess Hartwig and Mahan are still available.....

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: