Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 18:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cue the Steelers 2010 collapse in 5...4...3...  (Read 2252 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 06:00 »

The obvious answer here is Barrett Brooks

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 06:18 »

Or Todd Fordham

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 09:58 »

Maybe Scott will surprise and be able to play reasonably well over half a season.  I'll put it this way: I think he'll do better than Tony Hills, though that's faint praise.

Too early for draft talk?  Well, never too early to look ahead, fix what needs fixed.  Assuming we'll draft in the 20s, and hoping we get the 32 slot.  But if you guys are totally happy with our OL and CBs and such, then just ignore the draft talk.

A little pressure off: Ravens lose, so not as big if we do drop the Patsies game.

Pressure back on: check out those Browns trying to bubble up.

What's the o/u on Beardy pass attempts this week?  I'll say 50.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
sysadmin7

« Reply #33 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:16 »

Maybe Scott will surprise and be able to play reasonably well over half a season.  I'll put it this way: I think he'll do better than Tony Hills, though that's faint praise.

Too early for draft talk?  Well, never too early to look ahead, fix what needs fixed.  Assuming we'll draft in the 20s, and hoping we get the 32 slot.  But if you guys are totally happy with our OL and CBs and such, then just ignore the draft talk.

A little pressure off: Ravens lose, so not as big if we do drop the Patsies game.

Pressure back on: check out those Browns trying to bubble up.

What's the o/u on Beardy pass attempts this week?  I'll say 50.

I hope J. Scott does surprise but I highly doubt it. If J. Scott goes down with an injury, we just lost our backup LT and RT. I think Scott as a fill in, coming in and out would be ok but to ask him to step up and be the full time go to guy @ LT the rest of the year? I don't see it. Of course, I'm wrong from time to time...I'm surprised Finny that your down on T. Hills. I really like him as a LT, as I see him as a pure pass blocking LT (main reason he hasn't suited up the entire year, a 1 position OT). Something we haven't had in Pittsburgh for a long time. He had a bum ankle during the Pre-Season and I thought he looked solid (of course, pre-season is what it is...). I'd rather have a pure pass blocker @ LT protecting Ben's blind side than a guy who couldn't keep his job in Buffalo. I have a feeling J. Scott is going to show why he's a career backup and T. Hills is going to get his chance to shine.

Brady: 40 attempts this week. Brady's last 3 games have been anything but spectacular. I believe he has an average (of those 3 games) of a 55% completion percentage, but he doesn't turn the football over. On the road their Offense hasn't been on point, but they've squeaked out wins. After getting smashed by Cleveland you have to wonder if The Steelers are going to be in for a dog fight. I'll go on record and say we win by 13 and skippy doesn't miss a FG.

LINUX = FREEDOM
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 06:55 »

I'll go on record and say we win by 13 and skippy doesn't miss a FG.

Fail on both accounts. Bet you didn't think it would be a 20 something yard FG though.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 08:52 »

I say we sign Marvel Smith, and immediately put him on IR, for old time's sake.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 09:20 »

Ah well.  All the AFCN lost yesterday, so we maintain relative supremacy over the Browns and Bengals, FWTFTW.

The collapse came quickly, sacks mounting early, and in all phases of the game these Steelers seem to be regressing rather than progressing. 

Everything.  The way both lines are playing, I think the cast of Glee could enforce their will on our uglies.

The secondary seems to be doing its best interpretive dance version of bovine spongiform encephalopathy: gaping holes getting bigger until the whole no longer functions, and the creature starts going in circles and falling down randomly.

The WRs still cannot run their routes.  They do not know what to do on the hot read, or apparently how to recognize blitz.  To his undying credit, BA sent Randle El on a deep route that no amount of Ensure could possibly give ARE the wheels to win that race -- too bad we don't have a true speedster on the team, whom we can utilize to get points outside of junk time.

Our ability to adjust and our grasp of situational football, among both coordinators and the HC, is stunningly poor.  Just stunning.  I cannot believe for the life of me that Rob Ryan + CBD >>> Dick LeBeau + PSD, but apparently that is true, at least against the quality teams.  And our PSO resembled nothing so much as the Bengals offense yesterday, which would make sense.  The Bengals, having played at 1:00, and having had to overcome the Steelers and take their gear, would have been exhausted against that leaky NEPD as in fact it turned out they were.

Enter the "easy" part of the schedule, which is what we did last year during the 5-game free-fall.  I cannot for the life of me seeing us being that bad, or seeing us becoming SB contenders.  We look like a fringe WC team now.  Next week maybe we'll regress lower, to an 8-8 kinda team.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 10:10 »

Next week maybe we'll regress lower, to an 8-8 kinda team.

One can always have goals.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: