Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 00:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A question for Mr. Obvious  (Read 480 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Nov 12, 2010 at 02:06 »

Why is it that James Harrison and other Steelers get penalized/fined for getting a drink of water in a threatening manner;

yet...

Ray Lewis and the Ravens dive head-first into sliding QBs, go helmet-to-helmet, and jump on the pile head first without so much as a reach for the flag?

I've had the unfortunate experience of watching them for the last two weeks.  I've seen three hits in a sliding QB, four head-first pile-ons (Ray Lewis each time), and at least two helmet-to-helmet hits on WRs.

Gee Mr. Obvious, can you explain this one?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 05:27 »

Same reason you can take a baseball bat to the head of some QBs with no flag, but if Brady complains that your heavy breathing interrupts his concentration it's 15 yards and a fine.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 09:54 »

this is interesting

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10316/1102790-66.stm

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 10:02 »

Those calls really irked me.  Game could have ended 27-14, even with a few offensive miscues.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 10:05 »

On the next play from the Steelers 21, Taylor was penalized for pass interference against Terrell Owens, a call that was made by the official in the back of the end zone, not the side judge who was right in front of the play on the left sideline. The league told the Steelers no penalty should have been called.

Perhaps it also involved the call being :37 after the play was over, following a TO hissy-fit.

I'm not necessarily saying that I think Ray Lewis or others SHOULD be called for penalties on these plays, but Lewis had a hit vs. Henne last week and one last night that looked much more egregious than most of what we've seen from the Steelers.

If you're going to force it into flag football, then force everyone to play it.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 12:51 »

Seems like Pittsburgh gets a few of these every year.  Ain't worth the paper they're written on, IMO. 

They should have some sort of Rewards System (think, credit card points) tied into these things.  Like, you accumulate 5 letters and you can cash them in for a R3 compensatory draft pick or somethin'.

Otherwise, what's the point?  The warm and fuzzies for being right after the fact doesn't do shit for me.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2010 at 16:43 »

The warm and fuzzies for being right after the fact doesn't do shit for me.

Bingo! clap

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: