Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 03:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let the fines begin  (Read 2690 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 16:53 »

Well there's just no point in getting upset about it.  The Patriots have enjoyed special league treatment for years now, and that's not going to change.  We can't beat 'em anyway so what fucking difference does it make?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 17:20 »

Really difficult to understand how James Sanders doesn't get a fine.  I understand the missed penalty, 'cause that happens, but the replay shows a hit on a defenseless receiver.  Based on recent fines to James Harrison, that is in the same vein.

Hopefully Brady winds up on IR before the end of the season.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 17:38 »

Hopefully whoever deleted my foul worded rant ends up on the IR too. 

Big Brother is watching apparently.

Bastards. 

Grin

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #23 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 19:50 »

I'd be interested to hear the reasoning on why the Ward hit wasn't worthy of a fine. Ward WAS a defenseless receiver because it ended up being an incomplete pass. Technically he wasn't a ball carrier yet because he never caught the pass. Like that matters. Harrison was fined for his hit on Cribbs which according to the rule was legal.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 20:45 »

I'd be interested to hear the reasoning on why the Ward hit wasn't worthy of a fine. Ward WAS a defenseless receiver because it ended up being an incomplete pass. Technically he wasn't a ball carrier yet because he never caught the pass. Like that matters. Harrison was fined for his hit on Cribbs which according to the rule was legal.

I mean, is James Harrison just too bad a man to be allowed in the league?  Seems strange. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Nov 21, 2010 at 06:17 »

Hopefully I get the full name correct but BenJarvis Green-Ellis was fined $5K for the chop block.

I thought the chop block call was somewhat suspect as it really was a bang-bang play.  I guess by the rule, it was a penalty but very surprising the RB would get a fine for that.

Seriously, the NFL is becoming more difficult to watch every week

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #26 on: Nov 21, 2010 at 20:46 »

I agree wholeheartedly on all accounts....Penso, we just cannot beat the Patriots so I'm not upset about it.  I hope that annoying Pats chick and Jason dude at 200 weren't in your grill too much....It does remind me of a homecoming game.  The fact that Belidick and the Pats ended Hines' streak on a challenge call, well, It's hard even to put into words the feelings that invokes.  The work FUCKING and ASSHOLES come to mind....

I remember when the chop block rule came into effect and it was like, "really?  they can't just play football??"  Now with the advent of the seemingly undeniable shift into touch or flag football that seems like eons ago...

Watching the game last night, I kept muttering to myself, "This is really boring to watch.  Is it just the Steelers and their shitty play calling or just an overall shift???"   I don't know if it's an NFL thing on the whole as I don't really watch any of the other teams closely. 

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Nov 22, 2010 at 13:35 »

This just in.

James Harrison will be fined $50,000 for Richard Seymour's punch to Ben Roethlisberger.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Nov 22, 2010 at 13:45 »

When Harrison was on the ground picking dirt out of his eye, dude at the bar says, "Harrison will be fined for hitting the ground too hard." Pretty good...especially for this area.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Nov 22, 2010 at 17:09 »

TIOPS reporting Seymour fined $25K

A repeat offender, clearly outside of the rules, fined a fraction of what Harrison has been fined for hits during play.

I give up

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: