Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 03, 2014 at 00:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lookin' for Survivor Pool input  (Read 1057 times)
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2010 at 15:26 »

Should have listened to old P4P.  Dallas got em.

Hope whoever ya picked panned out AJ

Ooooooh, and another home run!  Skins beat titans.
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2010 at 15:30 by P4P » Logged

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2010 at 12:45 »

Yeah, went with my initial gut and stuck with the Cowgirls.  Almost went with the Titans in the smaller pool just to mitigate risk.

Now, I just need the Donks to upset the Chargers at home tonight to knock out 60 more of these fools.  Lost about 35 with the Titans, Bengals (HA!) and Niners losing.  Woulda been another 25 or so if Sanchize doesn't pull off that miracle comeback against the Texans.

Next week, Carolina @ Cleveland.  Pretty sure 91% of the participants out there will make that pick.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2010 at 13:28 »

Turned out to be a good call.  Early on I was watching the scores and wondering what your play was; Cowboys were in a fight for a while.  Stats from the game show it wasn't really the blowout the final score would indicate, either, so that could have broken badly.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2010 at 14:15 »

Yeah, definitely wasn't a gimmee.  Was close almost through the 3rd quarter.

One of the turning points was that punt return play.  I'm sure you saw the highlights.  The Lions coverage team guy bats the ball back at the goalline to keep it out of the EZ, but there aren't any other defenders in the immediate vicinity.  The ball takes one bounce and lands neatly in the Cowboys returner's hands.  The dude takes the ball, turns and sprints up the sideline for 6.  Think that made it a double digit lead.

Don't think Detroit recovered after that.

I've had a few nailbiters this year (two overtime wins; KC over Buffalo and the Minny over 'Zona after that miracle Fahvruh led comeback), so it was nice to be able to coast for the last quarter and change.

Next week I'm gonna have to pull for the...Browns.

*shudder*

*cryinggame*

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Nov 22, 2010 at 15:14 »

I've grudgingly come to admire the Browns this season, despite the fact that I despise all division rivals.  Won against the Pats and Saints, were really in it against the Jets, playing gritty on D and better than expected with McCoy.  It's also easier to give them props when they're still down far enough in the division standings that you can afford to be gracious.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Nov 22, 2010 at 16:26 »

I've grudgingly come to admire the Browns this season, despite the fact that I despise all division rivals.  Won against the Pats and Saints, were really in it against the Jets, playing gritty on D and better than expected with McCoy.  It's also easier to give them props when they're still down far enough in the division standings that you can afford to be gracious.

We were discussing this at the bar yesterday.  I feel like the Browns have become our little brothers, in a sense.  Certainly the vile hatred I felt for 'em in the late 70's/80's has evaporated, becuase there hasn't really been a meaningful game in so long (not counting last year's abortion). 

So I have a kind of affection for 'em, kinda like the way we used to like having Bud Tarken around.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: