Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 20, 2014 at 15:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you feel Seymour's fine was correct?
Yes - 1 (7.7%)
50K - 0 (0%)
25K with 1-2 game suspension. - 1 (7.7%)
50K with 1-2 game suspension. - 6 (46.2%)
100K with 1-2 game suspension. - 2 (15.4%)
Repeat offender, Maximum Fine with 2 game suspension. - 3 (23.1%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seymour Fined 25K  (Read 1339 times)
sysadmin7

« on: Nov 23, 2010 at 06:58 »

Mr. Seymour was fined 25K for the hit on Ben. I knew he wouldn't be suspended...but could you imagine if James Harrison (or any Steeler for that matter) did the same thing against Tom Brady 2 weeks ago? It would STILL be all over ESPN. Harrison received a fine 3 times greater for legally hitting a player who ducked on him. The NFL wants to "crackdown" on helmet to helmet hits, but palm striking a QB in the face is ok? I don't buy it.

I'm at a loss for words on this.

LINUX = FREEDOM
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 08:18 »

Yeah, I can't believe the fine was so little.

The NFL's agenda seems to be quite clear.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 09:37 »

$75k - $100k; no suspension.

I think the Nation is in a powerful position to do something no other fan base can. As soon as (not to be presumptuous) the Steelers clinch a playoff spot, as much as it would penalize the fans, I think we should adjust our TV dials accordingly (i.e., don't watch) to put a dent in TV ratings.

We can gripe, complain, write letters, send e-mails, leave VMs, etc. all we want, but as long as there are butts in seats and eyes on TVs, none of the complaints will resonate with that lefty Goodell.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 09:54 »

And, the only reason it was 25K is because it was his second offense.  First offense is 10K, I believe.

Supposedly, it falls under the "fighting" penalty schedule and not the in game, unnecessary roughness one.  Still, when the league reviewed and revamped the penalties/suspensions they were handing out for the helmet-to-helmet, defenseless receiver bullshit, they should've bumped these up (way up) too.

How can a bang bang play draw a significantly stiffer penalty from the league than a player who just decides to haul off and clock somebody?  It's not equitable.

If Pittsburgh faces the Pats in the playoffs, I say the Steelers should activate Harris from the practice squad.  Plug him in at DE on a series or two; then, when they least expect it, have him haul off and clock Brady with an uppercut to the jaw, WWF style, while the refs are cleaning off the pile.  Knock him the fuck out.  If it's close to the EZ, give him the [folding] chair too.

10K and he's ejected?  NP.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 10:10 »

Watched Around the Horn yesterday, big mistake. All the asshole panelists on the show basically said it was a lovetap and Ben took a dive. I'm sure if it was Brady they would have dedicated the entire show to the injustice of the fine and that fucking dike Jackie Mcmullen would have had a candel-light vigil in his honor.

Why do I ever flip on espn? Why?
sysadmin7

« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 10:12 »

If Pittsburgh faces the Pats in the playoffs, I say the Steelers should activate Harris from the practice squad.  Plug him in at DE on a series or two; then, when they least expect it, have him haul off and clock Brady with an uppercut to the jaw, WWF style, while the refs are cleaning off the pile.  Knock him the fuck out.  If it's close to the EZ, give him the [folding] chair too.

10K and he's ejected?  NP.

Exactly, 10K for a first offense? No problem. I'm sure some of the guys in locker room will pony up 2K each to watch Brady take either a right hook or an uppercut to the jaw taking him out of the game with some much needed stitches. Hell, why stop at one good hay-maker? I say lay it on his ass...but you better believe if something like that happens to Brady the entire Steelers Organization will probably lose a first round draft selection, a 500K team fine, a 100K fine for James Harrison (just for good measure) and an entire year suspension for the player who hit Tom Brady. Then expect a penalty on every play from there on out through the playoffs. The way Brady acted in the game he played us he needs someone to knock him down a few pegs. If we do play the Patriots in the playoffs, D. Lebeau better dial up some heat all game. No need to watch Brady pick apart an 8 man zone coverage all game again.

LINUX = FREEDOM
VaBchSteelersfan

« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 10:24 »

If we do play the Patriots in the playoffs, D. Lebeau better dial up some heat all game.

I want another chance at these guys SO bad, if for no other reason than to watch Harrison jack Brady off his feet.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 10:44 »

If we do play the Patriots in the playoffs, D. Lebeau better dial up some heat all game.

I want another chance at these guys SO bad, if for no other reason than to watch Harrison jack Brady off

Wrong website. Wink

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Joetorious

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 10:48 »

Watched Around the Horn yesterday, big mistake. All the asshole panelists on the show basically said it was a lovetap and Ben took a dive. I'm sure if it was Brady they would have dedicated the entire show to the injustice of the fine and that fucking dike Jackie Mcmullen would have had a candel-light vigil in his honor.

Why do I ever flip on espn? Why?

With all due respect to anyone who disagrees, the first thing I thought when I saw the "slap" on video was that A) it was glancing at best and B ) Roethlisberger did a phenomenal acting job. Based on friends' descriptions of the event, I was expecting a hard-landing haymaker. It was not.

That doesn't change Seymour's intent though.

Not to always bring up what Josh Miller says (and to clarify my position on his take, I don't like him), but he did point out something that he said is the most troubling aspect of all of this: no one (except for a street-clothed Colon) came to Roethlisberger's aid when he went down. Read into what you want, but I do actually agree with Miller when he says that is pretty telling about how Roethlisberger's teammates feel about him.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 11:01 »

Don't want to get into an argument over semantics, the fact is the intent was there, and if it had been Manning, Brady, Sanchez, Rivers, or whatever, you better fucking believe he gets fined more than 25k, and probably gets a few games suspension.

The fact is the league has a hardon for the Steelers, and really the Ravens because they play a very physical style. The NFL wants to become the arena league and eliminate teams that play like the Steelers and ravens. If you watched the game and don't see the agenda there, fine, call me a conspiracy theorist. But I saw the league trying to send a certain message to the Steelers.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: