Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 23:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you feel Seymour's fine was correct?
Yes - 1 (7.7%)
50K - 0 (0%)
25K with 1-2 game suspension. - 1 (7.7%)
50K with 1-2 game suspension. - 6 (46.2%)
100K with 1-2 game suspension. - 2 (15.4%)
Repeat offender, Maximum Fine with 2 game suspension. - 3 (23.1%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seymour Fined 25K  (Read 1370 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 16:40 »

I'll take the black eye and a win over ejections and a loss

I think Ben was a bit of an actor, though it could simple be that he was caught by surprise and was off-balance

The fine is disappointing, only from the standpoint of how it fits in to the overall idea of player safety and increased visiblity by officiating and the front office this season.  There seems to be little rhyme or reason IMO, though I saw where $10k for the first offense and $25k for the second (Florio says these were minimums/floors and not standards).  Based on the new parameters (fines and suspensions) for illegal game hits, I would think the $10k and $25k are outdated. 

I also think should Harrison deck Brady or any other QB, it will be one of those revelation weekends where the NFL decides to make an example, as they did with Harrison and Robinson.

I don't think the NFL is out to get the Steelers but at a minimum, Harrison is under a microscope.  At worst, his post-game Cleveland comments have made it impossible for the refs not to throw a flag.

I'm just hoping that Harrison doesn't get a fine this week.  But at this point, I assume he will.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Nov 23, 2010 at 21:47 »

Not to always bring up what Josh Miller says (and to clarify my position on his take, I don't like him), but he did point out something that he said is the most troubling aspect of all of this: no one (except for a street-clothed Colon) came to Roethlisberger's aid when he went down. Read into what you want, but I do actually agree with Miller when he says that is pretty telling about how Roethlisberger's teammates feel about him.

Not accurate.  Weren't there offsetting penalties on that play?  Kemo retaliated, so no yardage, just the ejection.

Entire Oline went after him, so yes they helped him out.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Nov 24, 2010 at 09:55 »

Not to always bring up what Josh Miller says (and to clarify my position on his take, I don't like him), but he did point out something that he said is the most troubling aspect of all of this: no one (except for a street-clothed Colon) came to Roethlisberger's aid when he went down. Read into what you want, but I do actually agree with Miller when he says that is pretty telling about how Roethlisberger's teammates feel about him.

Not accurate.  Weren't there offsetting penalties on that play?  Kemo retaliated, so no yardage, just the ejection.

Entire Oline went after him, so yes they helped him out.

Yes, Kemo got flagged as well, so off-setting.  And if you'll look at the video of Ben laying on the deck, you'll see the O-line rush up & get in Seymour's face.
I also think the ref was there in a hurry, so our boys weren't stupid enough to punch Seymour back and get thrown out too.

Kemo also had Ben's back after the game, commenting that Ben didn't say anything to set Seymour off.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Nov 24, 2010 at 14:26 »

They help him out.  I mean, they weren't running for the water here...

(HD) Richard Seymour punches Ben Roethlisberger

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2010 at 15:50 »

Roid rage.

Quote from: SQuack
I think Ben was a bit of an actor, though it could simple be that he was caught by surprise and was off-balance.

That pop had plenty to it.  Ben wasn't acting. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Nov 24, 2010 at 19:10 »

I agree.  He popped him a good one.

Maybe Ben made a reference to Dick See More.

Like:  "Follow me to the shitter and u can See More, Dick"

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Gnutella
YO!
N00b

Pittsburgh: Super Bowl capital of the world!

« Reply #26 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 10:43 »

People tend to fall over when they're not expecting to be hit.

scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #27 on: Nov 26, 2010 at 11:42 »

With re: to the flopping, you got to give Ben the benefit of the doubt here.  He was essentially moving into the jab and his natural reaction was to fall away, more than anything else, as a way to protect himself.

To say that the lineman didn't come to his side is just incorrect.  Had they done anything more, they would have ben ejected themselves; I would much rather them go after the Raiders players during the actual game.  And I am pretty sure that devastating, ACL tearing block on that punt return before the half was the Steelers way of doing so.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: