Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 00:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P4P's video may be closer than we think  (Read 1710 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Nov 30, 2010 at 18:29 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5867825

"James Harrison was fined $25,000 for roughing the passer, specifically he made helmet contact to the chest of the Buffalo quarterback, who was in a defenseless position at the time the contact was made," the NFL said in an e-mail Tuesday to The Associated Press.

Really?  I mean, really?

Here's an idea:  Give the QBs the option to use flags.  If they are so worried about their health, fine.  If they're real men like Ben, let them fight for their lives and keep the play alive.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2010 at 18:47 »

"James Harrison was fined $25,000 for roughing the passer, specifically he made helmet contact to the chest of the Buffalo quarterback, who was in a defenseless position at the time the contact was made," the NFL said in an e-mail Tuesday to The Associated Press.

Wait.  So, according to this rationale every blind side sack is a now a fineable offense?  I mean a hit to the back is the essence of "defenseless" and I mean any sort of helmet-to-back contact has got to be at least as "devastating"...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 06:53 »

Wait.  So, according to this rationale every blind side sack is a now a fineable offense?  I mean a hit to the back is the essence of "defenseless" and I mean any sort of helmet-to-back contact has got to be at least as "devastating"...

NOW you're starting to get it!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 07:14 »

I think the dude Leonard Little hit was in a defenseless position.

I think the dude Harrison hit was wearing a helmet and pads and had a pretty good idea Sunday morning, he'd be turfed a few time by #92 during the course of the game.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 08:54 »

This makes me sick, really. How can a guy who makes a tackle the way you are taught to make a tackle get a fine that is equal to a guy who rips off another players helmet and lands 3 closed fist strikes to his head...

I think the Rooneys should tell James to keep playing the way he does and pay the fines for him.

I am in disbelief...

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 09:35 »

This makes me sick, really. How can a guy who makes a tackle the way you are taught to make a tackle get a fine that is equal to a guy who rips off another players helmet and lands 3 closed fist strikes to his head...

I think the Rooneys should tell James to keep playing the way he does and pay the fines for him.

I am in disbelief...

Anyone catch what Dan Rooney said about this fine?  KDKA was all about making me wait too long to find out.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 10:05 »

Urlacher's also saying the fines are out of control.

Bets on the Bears starting to get called more?  The Goodell Mafia wheels into action!

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 10:52 »

What exactly would it take for the owners to bitch slap Opie and send him home. Can they just vote him out at any time or must we pray for a Mark David Chapman type of intervention?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 11:00 »

What exactly would it take for the owners to bitch slap Opie and send him home. Can they just vote him out at any time or must we pray for a Mark David Chapman type of intervention?

I just heard Goodell say the other week that he's bigger than Jesus.

Any way, that little shit reminds me of someone and I can't think who.  I couldn't kill him though.  I'd just bitch-slap him with the heavy rings until it was time for Otis to bring him the shiny balloons...

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 11:11 »

I just heard Goodell say the other week that he's bigger than Jesus.

If Rog was around back then, Jesus would have stayed down longer...trying to draw the flag.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: