Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 20, 2014 at 16:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P4P's video may be closer than we think  (Read 1450 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 12:08 »

What exactly would it take for the owners to bitch slap Opie and send him home. Can they just vote him out at any time or must we pray for a Mark David Chapman type of intervention?

The owners-- the new owners, the Jonses, Krafts, Snyders--  are the ones who put Goodell in place.  It took Rooney to convince the remaining 4 or 5 "Old School" owners to approve him, and in return Goodell secretly agreed not to overturn the outcome of SB XL ex post facto

Seriously, though.  You guys think this is out of hand, what 'til you see the slaughter come CBA negotiation-time.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 12:25 »

Seriously, though.  You guys think this is out of hand, what 'til you see the slaughter come CBA negotiation-time.

You think the players just bend over and don't hold out?  The new union guy is supposedly a real hard ass, not an agreeable Upshaw clone.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 12:52 »

You think the players just bend over and don't hold out?  The new union guy is supposedly a real hard ass, not an agreeable Upshaw clone.

Oh yeah, Smith is going to try to take a hard line stance.  But Butcher Rog will eviscerate the whole league if he has to.  The owners think they're invincible, and that a year away is preferable to ceding comparable leverage to the baseball players union. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 14:00 »

Oh yeah, Smith is going to try to take a hard line stance.  But Butcher Rog will eviscerate the whole league if he has to.  The owners think they're invincible, and that a year away is preferable to ceding comparable leverage to the baseball players union. 

Methinks he be correct.

The one players union that deserves more power actually gets none of it.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
koehla
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 07:48 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5867825

"James Harrison was fined $25,000 for roughing the passer, specifically he made helmet contact to the chest of the Buffalo quarterback, who was in a defenseless position at the time the contact was made," the NFL said in an e-mail Tuesday to The Associated Press.

Wait a minute!  The original penalty was for "leading with the crown of the helmet" which Harrison did NOT do.  Now when they see the replay and see that he did NOT lead with the crown of the helmet, he's getting fined for hitting the QB in the chest.  I think the FO felt like they had to fine him for something and so they changed the ir justification.

Look, when you play defense you are trying to hit the quarterback before he can make a pass and beat you.  This includes hitting him WHILE he's throwing the ball.  You can't fine a guy for hitting a guy face up in the chest a fraction of a second after he releases the ball.  It's ridiculous.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 09:39 »

"James Harrison was fined $25,000 for roughing the passer, specifically he made helmet contact to the chest of the Buffalo quarterback, who was in a defenseless position at the time the contact was made," the NFL said in an e-mail Tuesday to The Associated Press.

Wait a minute!  The original penalty was for "leading with the crown of the helmet" which Harrison did NOT do.  Now when they see the replay and see that he did NOT lead with the crown of the helmet, he's getting fined for hitting the QB in the chest.  I think the FO felt like they had to fine him for something and so they changed the ir justification.

Look, when you play defense you are trying to hit the quarterback before he can make a pass and beat you.  This includes hitting him WHILE he's throwing the ball.  You can't fine a guy for hitting a guy face up in the chest a fraction of a second after he releases the ball.  It's ridiculous.

Hell, when Pacman Jones was suspended for an entire season, the NFL first stated it was due to his legal issues. When the court hearings demonstrated Jones was not guilty of various charges, the NFL changed its story to say that his alleged actions simply didn't reflect well on "the Shield" and violated the new player conduct policy...which, in accordance with Goodell's inconsistent, nonsensical and tyrannous rule, was developed AFTER the allegations took place. Goodell's policy of changing policies mid-stream is the thing that most drives me nuts. It's lame.

All of this to say that Goodell has long been inconsistent. He makes up his own rules as he goes and holds players to policies that were developed after "incidents" (on-field and off-field) took place.

Penso - this rant is for you.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 11:34 »

NFL official denies Steelers Harrison being targeted

http://postgazette.com/pg/10337/1107875-66.stm

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 12:42 »

Hell, when Pacman Jones was suspended for an entire season, the NFL first stated it was due to his legal issues. When the court hearings demonstrated Jones was not guilty of various charges, the NFL changed its story to say that his alleged actions simply didn't reflect well on "the Shield" and violated the new player conduct policy...which, in accordance with Goodell's inconsistent, nonsensical and tyrannous rule, was developed AFTER the allegations took place. Goodell's policy of changing policies mid-stream is the thing that most drives me nuts. It's lame.

All of this to say that Goodell has long been inconsistent. He makes up his own rules as he goes and holds players to policies that were developed after "incidents" (on-field and off-field) took place.

Penso - this rant is for you.

I'm down with it.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 14:01 »

The fines are determined by Anderson and assistant director of operations Merton Hanks, a former NFL player, not commissioner Roger Goodell.

Fuck Anderson.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 14:22 »

The fines are determined by Anderson and assistant director of operations Merton Hanks, a former NFL player, not commissioner Roger Goodell.

Fuck Anderson.

Fuck that goose neck Merton and his fucked up celebratory head-bob!  I still can't stand that shit!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: