Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 23, 2014 at 10:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P4P's video may be closer than we think  (Read 1562 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 14:43 »

Okay, I'm in a seriously stressed-out mood today.  So I'm going to vent in a very un-preacher-like way...not foreign to those of you on the board, but I'll just apologize and beg forgiveness before I lose my religion here:

"I would say that's misguided and, frankly, completely untrue," Anderson said Thursday in an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "Every team and every player, hopefully, will have the confidence that, if they play within the rules, we won't have this problem."

Okay, well...WHAT EXACTLY ARE THE FUCKIN' RULES???  That's the problem dumbass, no one knows what the damn rules are.  And you MAKE UP DIFFERENT ONES FOR DIFFERENT PLAYERS IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS!  When in the hell did it become against the rules to hit someone in the chest???

"But what we will say is, we expect every player to play within the rules. They're very clear so players and coaches should know the rules, particularly Rule 12 and its variations. If they aren't able to play within the rules, ultimately, they will be sitting and watching games like you and me and watching games from outside the stadiums of their NFL team.

MY ASS THEY'RE CLEAR!  If they are so "clear" to everyone, then why do the players keep telling you that THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE FUCKIN' RULE???  And that last little tidbit there about watching the game outside the stadium pretty much tells us that they are trying to run harrison and anyone else who plays real football out of the league.  Guess the Steelers will lose their franchise soon.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 14:51 »

Okay, I'm in a seriously stressed-out mood today.  So I'm going to vent in a very un-preacher-like way...not foreign to those of you on the board, but I'll just apologize and beg forgiveness before I lose my religion here:

"I would say that's misguided and, frankly, completely untrue," Anderson said Thursday in an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "Every team and every player, hopefully, will have the confidence that, if they play within the rules, we won't have this problem."

Okay, well...WHAT EXACTLY ARE THE FUCKIN' RULES???  That's the problem dumbass, no one knows what the damn rules are.  And you MAKE UP DIFFERENT ONES FOR DIFFERENT PLAYERS IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS!  When in the hell did it become against the rules to hit someone in the chest???

"But what we will say is, we expect every player to play within the rules. They're very clear so players and coaches should know the rules, particularly Rule 12 and its variations. If they aren't able to play within the rules, ultimately, they will be sitting and watching games like you and me and watching games from outside the stadiums of their NFL team.

MY ASS THEY'RE CLEAR!  If they are so "clear" to everyone, then why do the players keep telling you that THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE FUCKIN' RULE???  And that last little tidbit there about watching the game outside the stadium pretty much tells us that they are trying to run harrison and anyone else who plays real football out of the league.  Guess the Steelers will lose their franchise soon.

Fuckin' whoa.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 17:24 »

Anderson needs to realize that, if his mystic interpretation of what football should be ever comes true, many of us won't be watching outside of stadiums 

We won't be watching at all.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 21:39 »

Anderson needs to realize that, if his mystic interpretation of what football should be ever comes true, many of us won't be watching outside of stadiums 

We won't be watching at all.

Precisely. I watched the WVU/Pitt Backyard Brawl the other day and found myself consciously thinking, "Hey, there hasn't been a flag every other play. In fact, there have been a ton of monster hits that the NFL would have flagged and fined. I think I'm enjoying this more than NFL games."

It was such a refreshing feeling to watch a hard-hitting, let-'em-play type of game. It's sad that the NFL is becoming what it's becoming. It's sad that the NFL has become so flag-happy that I noticed the lack of flags in the college game.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 23:58 »

It's sad that the NFL has become so flag-happy that I noticed the lack of flags in the college game.

Watched a bunch of football with my cousin over the weekend.  I cannot even count the number of times that we said, "Hey, that would have been a penalty in the NFL."  Pretty sad that the college game is tougher than the NFL these days.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 04, 2010 at 08:37 »

he made helmet contact to the chest of the Buffalo quarterback, who was in a defenseless position at the time the contact was made,"

I have never once heard the phrase "defenseless position" used in context of a QB until they needed to make this crap up to justify the fine.

So now they've set the precedent that every QB is in a defenseless position after throwing the ball.  Next up, zero leeway for hits after the pass.  Like touching the kicker, no matter how lightly.  Touch the QB=roughing the passer.

Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #26 on: Dec 04, 2010 at 09:14 »

he made helmet contact to the chest of the Buffalo quarterback, who was in a defenseless position at the time the contact was made,"

I have never once heard the phrase "defenseless position" used in context of a QB until they needed to make this crap up to justify the fine.

So now they've set the precedent that every QB is in a defenseless position after throwing the ball.  Next up, zero leeway for hits after the pass.  Like touching the kicker, no matter how lightly.  Touch the QB=roughing the passer.

Or worse - the banning of tackles made by players who begin plays on the QB's blind side. Hell, we could even see a reduction of eligible players on the field, going from the traditional 11-on-11 to 8-on-8 or 9-on-9 to completely eliminate blind-side play.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Dec 04, 2010 at 18:40 »

Fuck Goodell.

That is all.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: