Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 23:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of Ratties are a bit poorer  (Read 583 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Dec 06, 2010 at 21:15 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5892151

40K for the hit on Miller and 15K for the hit on Ben.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 06:19 »

I'm good with that.  I'm not good that we didn't get the much-needed 15 yards to go along with it.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 08:12 »

I dunno, I can really care less about fines after the fact. I mean, the player writing checks to the league I already hate doesn't really impact anything. They penalty in the game would have kept the drive alive, which they needed.

I could actually see them missing the Ben call in the game. I really didn't see it until the replay. The Miller hit should have been 15 if they are being consistent, which they obviously aren't
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 09:40 »

I dunno, I can really care less about fines after the fact. I mean, the player writing checks to the league I already hate doesn't really impact anything. They penalty in the game would have kept the drive alive, which they needed.

I could actually see them missing the Ben call in the game. I really didn't see it until the replay. The Miller hit should have been 15 if they are being consistent, which they obviously aren't

True on all of the above, except that -- again -- in terms of consistency, the zebras would sure as shit call roughing if any of the Golden Boys (Brady, Peyton) were clubbed in the face.  May have been incidental, may have been on purpose to look accidental, I can't infer Ngata's intent, though I think he's so damned good he doesn't need to play like a Thuggs. 

But consider if we had gotten those penalties, extended those drives, had scored and taken the lead.  Instead of coming back from down 4, we'd be holding a lead and trying to fend off the Ratties like last game.  What if that happened and they beat us the same damned way?  Maybe the football gods were looking out for us in some strange as fuck way.  This way, we win, we look like the wronged party, and we come out as the tough guys who were bloodied but unbowed.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 19:35 »

This way, we win, we look like the wronged party, and we come out as the tough guys who were bloodied but unbowed.

And it made the victory that much sweeter.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: