Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 19:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 MGS FFL Playoff Preview SPECTACULAR!!!  (Read 2684 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 07, 2010 at 23:19 »

'After the balance of a year ago, the 2010 FFL season was marked by a number of anomalies. 'Consider: 'two teams had win streaks of 8 or more games. 'The Chickens lost their first five and then not again, while even more remarkably, the Mongrels lost their first two and then not again, winning an astounding 11 straight to finish two games up in first. 'And there is the, ahem, odd occurrence of the commissioner's jonzr's team finishing dead last in points, but second in the standings. 'If that doesn't look like a conspiracy, then you can fine me and call me James Harrison.  Here's a look at the four outside looking in at the eight on the inside, before we look in on the eight looking out from in. ' 

Vinman's Pure Steel(r) II finished last, with Addai and Marshall being the main culprits. His squad never seemed to recover from the heartbreaking loss to the Livers in week 9; it was as if something small but essential died in the hearts of his players, as they dropped the remaining four on the slate. 'With the #1 overall pick, though, Vin'll have the luxury of cherry picking the best available player in the supplemental draft, as only Brees is worthy of consideration as a keeper. 'Besides Brees, Vinman also takes all-or-nothing Darren McFadden off the board. 

When they write the story of Spen's Spen's Angry Reds, they will surely say that here was a team handicapped by injuries. 'Pierre Thomas, Keeper Deangelo Williams, Percy Harvin, and Reggie Bush top that list, but Spen also had to endure the heartbreak of a should-have-been magical season from Antonio Gates. 'The pickup of Ivory was a good one, but he's hardly a sure-fire keeper next year. 'Look for Spen to clean house and then draft the same Ravens next year. 'Garbage-time god TO will also miss the playoffs here. 

AJ Law's Assaholics also had their share of hard luck this year. 'Check the names: Favre, Moss, Carolina Steve Smith, and even Kevin Kolb. 'Still, the Assaholics did well enough to outscore three teams above them, and might have made the playoffs if his qb and all 3 wr's had scored more than 15 points or so total in the final game. 'Hard luck, but Dwayne Bowe could be a nice consolation prize heading into next year. 'A pair of valuable Eagles in Maclin and McCoy exit with AJ. 

The Hungry Whoremongers, led by Scacalaki, finish just out of the hunt at #9, equal in wins but down on points to Joyce's Livers. 'Ultimately doomed by a mid-season 5-game losing streak, the exit of the Ho-mongers spells the end of the fantasy campaign for Tom Brady, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Steven Jackson. 'Seems like Scac would've been right in the thick of things, if not for the measly 5 scores Reggie Wayne put up in a suddenly mediocre Colts offense. 'Will he keep Brady? Is Jackson a better bet not having to deal with 35 touches per game? 'We shall see.  Now, it's on to the matchups. ' 

#1 Msdmnr's Mongrels (msdmnr) vs. #8 ExperiencedLivers (Y2Joyce)  As mentioned above, the Mongroloids are on an unprecedented run this year. 'A deserved #1 seed, lead by his stable of keeper backs, MJD and Michael Turner. 'Msdmnr also wins the Vlad Putin memorial trophy for best finish based on the success of random dudes on the Patriots, with Gronkowski and Woodhead in his arsenal. 'The Livers don't so much back into the playoffs as suddenly get off the wrong-way exit ramp onto them. 'There may yet be cosmic repercussions for starting Matt Cassel over Ben Roethlisberger in week 13 with a playoff berth on the line. 'Anyway, the Livers made it, and, ultimately, that's what counts. '  Here's the money matchups: MSDMNR'Orton@ARI; MJDvOAK; Turner@CAR; GB D@Det.  Tough call that could make the difference: Orton at Arizona is a good matchup, but Flacco plays against Houston. 'Just sayin'. ' Y2JOYCE'BBR v.Cin; Ward v. Cin; Moreno@Ari; Ray Rice@Hou. ' Tough call: Indy D@Ten, or NYG D@Min? 'Giants normally a no-brainer, but Tennessee is currently not scoring points at a remarkable pace.   

#4 Keystone Cops (KeystoneKC) vs. #5 Chaos Unlimited (Capt_Chaos)  The Coppers follow up last year's champeenship with a solid if unspectacular '10 campaign, alternating wins and losses each week since week 6. 'Key for KC was getting Peyton Hillis, and of course the continued contribution of his mascot Danny Amendola (seriously-- Amendola accounted for as many points as Andre Johnson). 'MGS FFL newcomer Capt. Chaos acquitted himself respectably through the draft (Schaub, Mendenhall, Wallace) but still needed a last-weekend squeaker to assure himself a spot in the second season. '  Matchups: KC'A really tough matchup week, with Cutler v. NE, A Johnson v.Bal, and Green-Ellis@CHI; However, he may need only Hillis@BUF to win this matchup. Tough call: 'Fitzpatrick v.CLE or Cutler v. NE? CHAOS'Schaub v. BAL not exactly enticing, but Mendenhall and Wallace v. CIN and Jack Ford and Michael Bush @ JAX should all have value. Tough call: Tamme and J. James both have sweet matchups against Ten.   

#3 Chickens of Gen. Gao (pensodyssey) vs. #6 The Sportin' Woodleys (Finnegans_Wake)  The Woods started the season like the winged rodent arrive from the unhappy afterlife in the chinese proverb, but lost four in a row down the stretch and limp into a second straight week against the league's top point-getters. 'What happened? 'Some point to the locker room unrest caused by the coach's inexplicable decision not to aggressively pursue the team's namesake, others to his inability to coax Hakeem Nicks to play injured. 'As for the Chickens? 'Their season can be summed up in two sets of two words: Mike Vick and Arian Foster, the former a FA pick-up (Sept. 12) the latter his pick in the supplemental draft (essentially, a keeper). 'Sept. 23 was also a key date as it was the day penso snagged Tolbert off waivers to make up for his embarrassing other supp draft choice of Ryan Mathews. '  Matchups: FINNY: Rodgers@DET, D Jackson@DAL, L Moore@STL. ADAP v.NYG not quite so favorable, but still. Tough call: If I were Finny, I'd start Freeman@WAS, and McCluster, Sproles and Brandon Jackson at rb this week. 'Can't miss match-ups, the lot! PENSO: The good news is Vick@Dallas, the bad news is Foster plays Baltimore. 'Blount@WAS. 'Also, all the chickens' receivers are suck the left nut bad now that Dez Bryant is hurt. Tough call: After Vick and Foster, it's positional roulette with the Chickens.   

#2 Sideline Zombies (Jonzr) vs. #7 BenRapedMeToo (Kluisi)  What more can be said about the Zombies? 'They finish second, but with the lowest overall points total. 'They're like a mystery inside a question mark rolled into a 'huh?' stuffed in a fish taco. 'Bonzr will hop on the Philip Rivers to Stevie 'DROP IT!' Johnson express one more time this week. 'K-man's BRMT features an MGS first'an owner getting points from Peyton Manning during the playoffs. 'Not really the best year to be relying on that Colts O, though. 'Might catch a break this week in the matchups.  Matchups: ZOMBIES' Rivers v. KC; Johnson v.CLE. Tough call' Any other flex over Sidney Rice. BRMT'Manning@TEN; Jennings@DET; CJohnson v.IND; Forte plays NE, not necessarily the best RB matchup. Tough call'I'd think about Lynch@SF for a minute.
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2010 at 19:59 by jonzr » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2010 at 08:49 »

My cat's breath smells like fish tacos.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2010 at 11:11 »

I've been losing on purpose each week for the past few weeks as part of my overarching rope-a-dope strategy.  I figure this week will be the last week I do that.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2010 at 21:13 »

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2010 at 20:01 »

That was damn good, man.  I do feel guilty getting into the playoffs over some tough, qualified teams that could do damage. Thanks for not trashing my team too bad and lord willing let my team get an opportunity to keep the favor and thrash yours to finally beat you in a Supper Bull.

Third times a charm. Go Livers

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2010 at 11:51 »

As the owner of Aaron Rodgers, let me just say...

See ya next year.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2010 at 21:42 »

Unless Rackers gets pressed into emergency QB duty and promptly throws 4 INTs, I'll be over on the sideline with the rest of the zombies watching the remainder of the playoffs.   Cry

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2010 at 10:28 »

Next it's (1) Mongrel's v (5) Chaos Unlimited and (3) Chicken's de Gao v (7) BenRapedMeToo.  Those Mongrels of Msdmnr are looking unbeatable.  Woe to he who must play them (that would be Chaos).  The most obvious matchup for the finals is Mongrels v Chickens featuring the two teams that streaked into the playoffs.

Stay tuned!

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2010 at 12:21 »

Another week, another set of dreams dashed in the bitter world of fantasy football.  The Experienced Livers looked to right the ship against the #1 Mongrels, but couldn’t take advantage of Orton’s measly 1 point day for the top ranked side, and were instead sunk by a combined 54 out of msdmnr's rb’s.  Knowshon Moreno and the 7-to-86 combination go down with him.  

Chaos Unlimited eliminated the Keystone Cops in a Monday night thriller, with Chaos’  Schaub finally living up to the hype and outpointing KC and Andre Johnson.  I don’t want to point fingers here, but where the eff was Amendola when KC needed him?  

The Sportin’ Woodleys would surely have given the Chickens much more to handle had Aaron Rodgers not been born with a head about as hard as John Clayton’s.  ADAP, Showboat Jackson, and Hakeem Nicks depart with the Woods.  Shed no tears for Finny though; his is a team stacked with keeper material.  

You may however weep for Jonzr’s Sideline Zombies feat. Pip Livers.  I wouldn’t say his team was exposed so much as stripped buck nekkid and put on display in the town square, with his league-low 60 points hanging out for god and everyone to see.  The Zombies were the feel-good story of the year, but fantasy is no place for dreamers.  

Semifinals

#1 Msdmnr’s Msdmnr’s Mongrels vs. #5 Cap’n Chaos’ Chaos Unlimited

After riding to the semis last year on the “no one respects us” ticket, msdmnr has to march to the tune of a different color this go-round. He is headed towards all-time team status with 12 wins in a row.  And look what he gets this week: MJD@IND, Turner@SEA, and Goodson v. ARI.  No favorable matchups to see here, please move along.  He may have a tough call between Austin, a potentially healthy Collie, and Garcon; he definitely has a tough call between a maybe, maybe not Flacco v. NO (Saints d only conceded 8 scores through the air-- far and away the best in the league), or roll the dice with Orton@OAK, who have allowed 25 passing scores this year.  Newcomer Chaos remains in the hunt with the aforementioned wild win over KC.  Schaub is @TEN this week, which is good, but looking at the other matchups (Mendy/Wallace v. NYJ; Vern Davis @SD) he might need another big day outta the NE D v.GB to pull off the major upset.

#3 Pensodyssey’s Chickens of Gen. Gao vs. #7 Klusi’s BenRapedMeToo

Last week saw the Chickens surmount one obstacle, winning the rubber match against a tough Woodleys.  This week sees another, the 3rd contest between the Chickens and BRMT.  The first two were both blowouts, with K-man winning in week 1 by 25, and penso prevailing by 24 in week 12.  Certainly big Mo is rolling on behalf of the fearsome fowl, but fantasy is about matchups and BRMT gets some good ones this week.  Peyton gets the #28 Jax pass defense in the dome, and Chris Johnson will be running through arm tackles at home against Houston.  Sometimes it only takes two big scores to get it done in the playoffs.  The Chickens’ Mike Vick plays @NYG; the Meadowlands are always nasty in December, and the Giants are tied for the league lead with 39 sacks.  Foster runs up against a bend-don’t-break TEN def.  And then the Chickens have to choose between Mike Tolbert or Ryan Mathews (v.SF) or Ricky Williams (v.BUF).  Sounds like a sure-fire points left on the bench scenario.  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 13:11 »

In late breaking news...

the Chickens to start Joe Webb at QB... 

slash WR. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print