Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 21, 2014 at 10:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 MGS FFL Playoff Preview SPECTACULAR!!!  (Read 2300 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 23:22 »

He may have a tough call between Austin, a potentially healthy Collie, and Garcon; he definitely has a tough call between a maybe, maybe not Flacco v. NO (Saints d only conceded 8 scores through the air-- far and away the best in the league), or roll the dice with Orton@OAK, who have allowed 25 passing scores this year.

No doubt tough calls on both.  Have to go with Austin at WR, since I'm not sure where Collie's noggin is or how long it will last.  Garcon could play great or disappear.  Austin should get something.

Flacco vs. Orton?  Matchups notwithstanding, Orton's gone for 3 points in last 2 weeks - combined.  The coaching change doesn't seem to suit him.  Plus word that Tebow might get more snaps this week=go with the consistency.

Got a nice start with V. Davis MIA for San Fran tonight...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 10:45 »

MFer.

Have had Vincent Jackson stewing on my bench all year in my remaining pay fantasy league.  Sitting; waiting; getting read for the playoff run. 

Went to set my lineup last night and moved him to starting WR.  Apparently, forgot to hit "submit" for roster changes tho as there he sits this morning...all 38 points...on the bench.

*facepalm*

At least my Survivor Pick (Chargers) was a snoozer at halftime.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 12:21 »

Have had Vincent Jackson stewing on my bench all year in my remaining pay fantasy league.  Sitting; waiting; getting read for the playoff run. 

Went to set my lineup last night and moved him to starting WR.  Apparently, forgot to hit "submit" for roster changes tho as there he sits this morning...all 38 points...on the bench.

That sucks huge balls.  That's like drawing up a great trick play, keeping it in your pocket the whole season, calling it in the perfect situation, it's executed perfectly....and it's called back on some crap like illegal formation or something.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 11:40 »

I'm in it deep now.  Somehow the Falcons and Jags combine for 58 points and neither MJD or Turner find the end zone.  Flacco was acceptable, but no one showed up big.

Looks like I need a shutout with 2 defensive TDs and 3 turnovers from Da Bears tonite.

I was dead on about Collie, just didn't know he'd score 2 TDs before getting knocked out.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2010 at 12:38 »

The semifinals saw the unthinkable occur as #5 Chaos Unlimited took down the number #1 in your program, #1 in your hearts msdmnr's Msdmnr's Mongrels (98.93-91.57).  The victory ends msdmnr's remarkable unbeaten run of 12, and sees the exit of the MJD-Turner two back attack.  Ultimately the Mongrels were done in by a lack of consistent quarterbacking as they finished the season with Joe Flacco behind the helmet and Kyle Orton on the bench.

Kluisi's BenRapedMeToo put up a valiant fight but in the end proved to be just another egg in the henhouse of the Chickens of General Gao (109.63-94.21) .  Things looked bleak early for the Chickens with Peyton Manning starting like his balls were on fire for BRMT, and Mike Vick putting up only 1 point by the half.  Then the Giants fell apart, Vick put up 38 points in the second half and the clucking began in earnest.  BRMT received strong season-long efforts from Chris Johnson, Greg Jennings, and the defenses of Kansas City, Cleveland and Seattle.

The Jar Memorial 3rd place game features BRMT versus a crestfallen, gutwrenched, shell of msdmnr’s mongrels.  

This week’s also-ran matchups include the Keystone Cops v. bonzr’s Sideline Zombies in the Bud Tarken’s Wife 7th place game, while the HarryAWay Average to Slightly Above Average 5th place game sees a battle of two once-proud franchises, the Sportin’ Woodleys and thee ExperiencedLivers.  Good luck to all of them, here’s to fair play and no injuries, and remember the J.V. changes in the hallway outside the locker room.  NOW LETS TALK SOME CHAMPIONSHIP FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Here's a look back at past winners of the Grilled Groundhog Trophy.  The mathematically astute among you will recognize a three year cycle.

2002—McNabb-less (aj_law) def.  Franken-Jonzrs (Jonzr)
2003—Steel Jonzrs II def.  The Rolled McDoobivans (pensodyssey)
2004—Gogol’s Noses (penso) def.  Y2Pacshakurs (Y2Joyce)
2005—kluisi kroakers def.  To-brast Cucurbits (penso)
2006—Tokens (Spen) def. Msdmnr’s Mongrels (msdmnr)
2007—Chickens of Gen. Gao (penso) def. Yfourteenandtwo
2008—The Sportin’ Woodleys (Finny) def. Hungry Whoremongers (Scacalaki)
2009—Keystone Cops def. DrunkDrivingKillers (kluisi)
2010-- ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

#5 Chaos Unlimited vs. #3 Chickens of General Gao

Many may consider the Chaos an under-the-radar team, and certainly this run to the finals is remarkable as it is Cap’n Chaos’ first year on the senior circuit.  But no team with Matt Schaub can be considered a true underdog.  He’s the only QB with the potential to put up Vick-like numbers in any given week.  This week finds Chaos Unltd. in some matchup gravy: Schaub @DEN (22nd pass D; 25 tds); Wallace/Mendenhall v. CAR (24th at 25ppg allowed); TB Mike Williams v.SEA; and NE D@BUF.  It is not all sweetness and light for this season’s Cinderella, though.  Chaos has choices to make on the bottom end of his lineup, with Hightower v.DAL (4.3 per/11tds allowed), Brown/James @OAK (4.5per/12tds allowed), or Michael Bush v.IND (4.7!per/14 tds allowed).  There’s pros and cons to all those plays, but Chaos has demonstrated a year-long ability to squeeze some juice out of his lemons.

What more can be said about the Chickens?  Left for dead after opening the season with 5 losses, the ship was righted with the pickups of Vick and Tolbert early on.  Since then, the Chickens have hit the form that might possibly see them crowned not only this year’s champs, but Team of the Decade.  Whether or not he chooses to continue the Joe Webb(@PHI) experiment, there are other options at the flex: Blair White@OAK, S. Moss @JAX.  But let’s be honest here; three slots could be all it takes: Vick v.MIN, Foster @DEN, and PIT D v.CAR.  Throw in Deion Branch @BUF, LGBlount v.SEA, and Tolbert@CIN and you have to say the Chickens have better than a plucker’s chances.  

Will the upstart newbie Chaos Unlimiteds show the old farts how it’s done?  Or will the Chickens give him an FFL wedgie and stuff him in his freshman locker?  
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2010 at 12:40 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2010 at 14:07 »

Congrats to Chaos on the first year success.  The Chicago D made a valiant comeback effort last night, but sadly 17 points weren't enough.  Largely due to the fact that my non-QB position players combined for exactly one TD.

9 years, one finals appearance, no titles...mediocrity, thy name is Mongrels.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 20:50 »

Wallace/mendenhall killing me. Chaos with a nice start toward a second consecutive upset before the half of the Thursday game.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 19:54 »

Congrats to Chaos, you damn near took both leagues!  Too bad penso, after such a streak to the playoffs your final streak was in your former tidy whities.

And the Zombies finally found their spot.  In the words of the magnificent Tuna, you are what your record says you are, or the FF analog, what your point total says you are.

In the end, didn't we all learn a little something?
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2010 at 14:23 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2010 at 18:07 »

Here's what I learned.  Live by Michael Vick, die by Michael Vick!

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 11:10 »

Unf'nbelievable.  Yes it was a week ago but I am not over it by any means.  Everything went wrong for me, everything went right for Chaos, and I was still just one score away.

I am very, very bitter. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: