Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 18:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheers?  (Read 451 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Dec 16, 2010 at 20:00 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5927394

I don't have anything against Holmes really, and kind of felt that he was scapegoated last year.

However, I don't expect a ton of cheers or boos for Holmes.  But I do hope that someone pops him in his big mouth, and maybe knocks him right into Rexy's cavernous belly button.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 23:10 »

The Jets kept Holmes under wraps until two weeks ago, unveiling him in the Monday night massacre in New England. He removed himself from last Sunday's punt-returning job, claiming he was frustrated by Brandon Fields' booming punts for the Dolphins.

"I told Westy, 'Send someone else out there,'" he said, referring to special teams coordinator Mike Westhoff. "That's being 100 percent honest."

WTF is that?  Quit on punt returns because the punter wasn't putting them somewhere convenient?

And  I like the "why let me go" comment.  Because I'm sure he would have been happy to stay in Pittsburgh for the vet min when his contract ran out.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 07:35 »

Stonio must have been waking and baking again!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 07:58 »

Add to this:  Am I the only one who is gradually disliking the Jets more and more?  The closer we get to kickoff, the more I wan the Steelers to roundhouse these clowns.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 07:59 »

Add to this:  Am I the only one who is gradually disliking the Jets more and more?  The closer we get to kickoff, the more I wan the Steelers to roundhouse these clowns.

Clowns is right.  Friggin' circus.

I hope we dominate, but I'm not feeling good about this the closer we get.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 11:44 »

I hope we dominate, but I'm not feeling good about this the closer we get.

Well, their offense has been farily inept the last couple weeks.  Of course we haven't exactly lit up the scoreboard either.  It looks on paper like a 10-7, 13-10 type of game including a defensive TD.  Which means it will be 38-35.  Either way I expect it to be close, as neither team typically blows out their opponent.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 12:59 »

The main worrisome thing is that the Jests have lost two in a row.  But then again, it's not like playing the Patsies after they've lost two - the J-E-T-S aren't necessarily due one, they're unraveling. 

Steelers by 11.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 13:49 »

The main worrisome thing is that the Jests have lost two in a row.  But then again, it's not like playing the Patsies after they've lost two - the J-E-T-S aren't necessarily due one, they're unraveling. 

Steelers by 11.

Hope you're right.  I tend to agree, but don't trust those tripping sumbitches at all.
And Rex Ryan is a sneaky mofo.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 16:04 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5927394

I don't have anything against Holmes really, and kind of felt that he was scapegoated last year.

However, I don't expect a ton of cheers or boos for Holmes.  But I do hope that someone pops him in his big mouth, and maybe knocks him right into Rexy's cavernous belly button.

Moronic comments about punt returns aside, I couldn't bring myself to boo Holmes. Yeah, he's an immature pot-head jackass but he was such a beast on that last drive in 43 I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: