Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 04:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pens-Caps Unlocked?  (Read 483 times)
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 24, 2010 at 12:14 »

Why was the original thread locked?

That game was amazing! Game seven atmosphere.

Flower played out of his skull and kept us in it the game. Wish we could have carried the play more in the first two periods, but it's hard to establish momentum when you're constantly killing penalties that really shouldn't have been called. Felt like the Caps were on the PP for the entire first two periods. We dominated the third period, with the exception of that shorty.

We could have played better in a couple aspects of the game, however we went into enemy territory and came out with two points. Good fucking game.

Merman was absolutely dead on right with his prediction too. Check it out on the other thread.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 12:54 »

Hell of a game and as you said it was a playoff atmosphere. The Caps came out like it was a playoff game and the Pens came out like a team playing game 30 of the regular season but Fluery was off the charts, and the physical play finally got to the caps in the 3rd.

Fucking so great being able to run 2 shutdown pairs out there against a team like the Caps. So Bruce, you wat to keep Ovie away from Orpik and Letang? Have fun dealing with Michalek and Martin. Leaps and bounds better than 2009's squad.

Speaking of physical play, it's pretty obvious the Caps go for the highlight real hits but turtle up when it's time to man up. Who do the Pens run out there that you'd consider soft? Maybe Malkin at times, Gogo I guess, but they still aren't afraid to mix it up. Caps have alot of tissue paper on that roster, and it shows.

The shootout was epic, and should make for a great episode of 24/7. Who would have thought with all the offensive talent on both rosters, that Dupuis scores the winner?

You'd think fans of the opposition would just start cheering Sid. Booing him sure as hell doesn't work.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 20:28 »

I have a feeling I locked that thread by accident noodling around on my parent's iPad. 

Great game though, with the shootout coinciding nearly perfectly with halftime.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: