Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 10:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divisional Round: Sat, Jan 15 @ 4:30 ET feat. BAL @ PIT  (Read 6698 times)
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #100 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 21:14 »

Atmosphere at Heinz was amazing.  Better than the AFCC game in 2009. 
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #101 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 21:42 »

Can people now please stop talking about Flacco as having "turned the corner"?  Never won a meaningful game in his NFL career.

Man, compare his stats to Ben's in that game and you'll see one major difference:  4 of 16 completions were to WRs while 9 were to RBs while for Ben it was 13 of 19 to WRs and 1 to RB.  It's like Joe doesn't look beyond about 5 yards.  Um, it's whatever.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #102 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 07:38 »

That's your reprieve, Arians, you stupid douche.  Now run the fucking ball 3 fucking times you stupid fuck.

LMFAO - That's exactly what I was screaming at the TV.  I couldn't fucking believe the pass to Ward.

Abso-fucking-lutely loved Ben snapping the ball with .01 left on the play clock after faking the snap twice on 4th down.  Pouncey is MONEY!!! He is the only reason Ben got the 1st.  He was shoving him forward, big time.

I thought Mendy was toast when he stopped at the 2 or three yd line to cut.

Wallace should have had a TD on the first drive (i'm re-watching it now) if that fucker didn't rape him.

On the Raven punt return I almost went through the TV cuz that hold was so fucking blatant.

How about the big fucking DICK LeBeau?!?!?!?!?  Are you fucking kidding me?  As piss poor as our corners and DB's are, None of those fucker WR'swere open more than 5 yards down field,  with the exception of TJ whosgonnadropyurmama.  The Ravens having the dropsies didn't hurt.  Dick called an unbelievable game.  I figured they were going to kill us with the short screen shit, especially after the first drive or two, but the D got that shit locked down.

How about Kemo picking Reed off the pile on the first drive?   LMAO  Should have been a penalty, no doubt, but it was fun to watch.

I think fucktard Arians got lucky, but the reverse to Wallace inside the 10 was mind scrambling good.  Wallace fucked that up so bad I almost cried.  

So Rice goes for 400+ touches without a fumble and they bench him for two or three offensive series, after his fumble?  Are you kidding me?  He was the only one catching the ball.  Unbelievable.

I thought Dierdorf and Gumbal called a good game.

Last thing:  Jaaaaaaay - Eeeeeeeeeeee - Teeeeeeeee - Esssssssssssss  JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011 at 07:58 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #103 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 08:32 »

Antonio Brown was really effin smart on his 58 yard catch.

Juggling the ball, close to the sideline, he pins it to his helmet (control) and gets close to OOB to ensure a completed catch (though he did at some point change position of the football prior to actually going OOB).

I just thought that was a really heads-up play by a late round, rookie WR.

He and Sanders actually both had good games, as I had hoped they would.  Ben was looking for Sanders on back to back to back completions, IIRC.

Sanders would have had a nice catch to move the chains on that last drive had Reed not gotten a nice hit to break apart the ball from Sanders.

Both Brown and Sanders have brain farts (I recall Santonio Holmes' rookie season and a few INTs had because he wasn't on the same page with Ben) but have been really good overall as receivers (I don't care so much for their returns as an entire body of work this season but as long as they aren't fumbling it, I guess I don't care).

We'd been saying for weeks that we wanted Brown to use his head.

Well, message received!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #104 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 09:14 »

Amazing fucking win.  Doesn't get much more satisfying than that.

I had pretty much conceded the game until that Rice fumble in the 3rd.  As already stated, the defense was amazing in the 2nd half and really throughout the entire game.  The Ravens had one good drive and that was their first TD.  The rest of their points came on short fields due to turnovers, hard to blame the D for that.

Let's hope Dickie and Co. bring their A-game again next week.  Here's a hint guys: The Pats like to dink and dunk.

I'm so fucking tired of the Ravens bitching about officiating, by the way.  After the defensive holding call on Cody (CBS never really showed a replay that included Cody, so I never actually saw it) Harbaugh looked like he was about to start stomping his feet and throw a tantrum.  After they didn't recognize his timeout on the next play (even though they reset the game clock to win the timeout was first called) you could see him on the sidelines saying "that's what I'm talking about" which I assume he was blaming the officials for giving calls to the Steelers.  Give me a fucking break, dude.  There is no better indicator of the make-up of a team than by the HC's demeanor and attitude.  And Harbaugh showing his true colors of a sniveling cunt was proof positive of that theory.

You will NEVER see Tomlin blame a referee for a loss, I can promise you that, Jim.  And you certainly won't see him do it after a Ravens game, because you fuckheads can't beat us without a 3rd string QB starting (isn't that like 7 or 8 wins in a row for Ben against the Ratties?).  Grow a pair and take your loss like a man, you figure you would be used to this by now.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #105 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 11:14 »

Loved the change in Harbaugh's expression.  Just before the half, he was all haughty and smirking.  Then he looked like Billick II, classic meltdown mode, as the Ravens got blowed the F up.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #106 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 11:31 »

Thoughts on the game................. ..

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #107 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 11:44 »

Typical postgame news conference for stabby, no credit to the steelers, throws the offense under the bus, quotes his version of scriptures, etc. He actually said "things went the steelers way" in the first half. ROFL.

Dilfer and Sharpe were equally douchey, blaming refs and receivers, never mentioning that the greatest defense of all time blew a fucking 14 point lead against an offense with backup guards playing tackle. All the while Hoge and Cowher sitting there with shit eating grins on their faces. Awesome.

Hate to beat the already dead horse, but Suggs hit on ben the play before the mystery fumble was the EXACT hit that Hamptom was flagged on for hitting Brees, which eventually lead to New Orleans winning that game. Consistency FTW.

No matter what happens next week, another page added to Steelers lore and the legend of Big Ben. But yeah, go Jets.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #108 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 12:00 »

Dilfer and Sharpe were equally douchey, blaming refs and receivers, never mentioning that the greatest defense of all time blew a fucking 14 point lead against an offense with backup guards playing tackle. All the while Hoge and Cowher sitting there with shit eating grins on their faces. Awesome.

I saw Cowher and Sharpe but missed out on HOge and Dilfer.  But yeah, Sharpe bitched out and didn't eat his crow properly.  'Bout what I expected outta that horse-mouthed motherfucker.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #109 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 13:01 »

I saw Cowher and Sharpe but missed out on HOge and Dilfer.  But yeah, Sharpe bitched out and didn't eat his crow properly.  'Bout what I expected outta that horse-mouthed motherfucker.

But LMAO at Cowher (and Hines) straight-up STICKIN' IT to the Ravens!  Mrs. Preach kept running the DVR back and replaying it. 

Dilfer I can tolerate because he actually has some good insights.  To hell with Mr. Ed, he just sucks.  Talks right out of his butt crack, and ain't gotta damn clue.  In fact, the butt crack is probably better than what would come from his Raven-sized brain.

Ray Lewis is full of it.  He talks all that crap about how they are the best team, the best defense, blah blah blah.  Then he cries about having to defend the goal line after turnovers.  Um, if you're all that, do your job and get a stop. 

Dilfer's homer-ing about how the refs really hurt the Ravens (although the Steelers had more penalties and more penalty yards) and the dropped passes cost the Ravens is just ridiculous.  Hmmm, perhaps it was because the Steelers never allowed the WRs to get into a rhythm?  And what guarantee is there that the Ravens would have scored even if they got the first down from DoucheBagsMama?  Just insane.  If you only gain 125 yards, it's not because you dropped passes.  It's because you got your ass handed to you.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 ... 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: