Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 18, 2014 at 21:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaron Smith  (Read 625 times)
TucsonSteeler

« on: Jan 04, 2011 at 14:48 »

Has anyone heard anything about him playing in the playoffs?  I did read, some where, that he was being considered for the Browns game.  Would love to see him on the field in a couple of weeks.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 20:39 »

Reports I've seen say Smith likely won't play in the first playoff game.  He put in minimal work at a recent practice.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2011 at 08:52 »

• Defensive end Aaron Smith watched practice Tuesday, and it appears as if he will not return to play for the Steelers' Jan. 15 playoff game. Center Maurkice Pouncey, who left the game Sunday at Cleveland in the third quarter after getting hit on the head, practiced

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11005/1115570-66.stm#ixzz1AAkzoWuA
TucsonSteeler

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 09:43 »

So it appears that Smith will not play this weekend, that is too bad.  I am beginning to wonder why we didn't put him on IR, I beleive most players with his injury are.

I am hoping that I am wrong on this but I was thinking that maybe Smith told the Front Office that this is his last year.  And then asked if they could hang onto to him just in case he could get back on the field one more time before calling it quits?  Again I hope I am wrong but it would not surprise me.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 10:00 »

I am hoping that I am wrong on this but I was thinking that maybe Smith told the Front Office that this is his last year.  And then asked if they could hang onto to him just in case he could get back on the field one more time before calling it quits?  Again I hope I am wrong but it would not surprise me.

I read somewhere that the reason they aren't rushing him back is that they believe he has a good 2-3 years left and they don't want to bring him back too soon, only to be reinjured, and miss camp next year or worse early next season.

That may just have been some sport writer's opinion though so take it for what it's worth. You also have to figure if we win the next two, with the week off before the super bowl, it would be an extra month off for him and he might be ready.
TucsonSteeler

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 11:07 »

Yea I read that as well.  I think it was on the PG.  But if that is the case why not put him on IR and get someone in that can help now.  Oh well all spilt milk at this point.  I just hope he gets on the field this year, hopefully in the Super Bowl!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 11:41 »

I think the plan originally was to have Smith back by the Divisional Round game.  Now, assuming we beat the Ravens, I think they hope he can play in the AFCC, even on a limited basis, and maybe more in the SB if it would come to that.  It was a gamble not to IR him, but he does seem close to a return.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: