Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 10:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL declares Steelers, Polamalu champs ...of merchandise sales  (Read 517 times)
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jan 06, 2011 at 14:59 »

The playoffs have not yet begun and the Steelers enter as the No. 2 seed in the AFC but the NFL already has declared them champions ... of merchandise sales.

More Steelers merchandise was sold during the 2010 season than any other NFL team, according to NFLShop.com, which counted sales from April 1, 2010 through Jan. 2.

And the top-selling jersey? Steelers safety Troy Polamalu, a candidate for NFL defensive player of the year, beat them all and was the only non-quarterback among the top eight jersey sales last season.

The Dallas Cowboys had the second-best selling merchandise and reigning Super Bowl champion New Orleans was third.

Following Polamalu in jersey sales were Saints QB Drew Brees, the 2009 league MVP, and popular rookie quarterback Tim Tebow of Denver.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 15:19 »

Following Polamalu in jersey sales were Saints QB Drew Brees, the 2009 league MVP, and popular rookie quarterback Tim Tebow of Denver.

I've heard this mentioned before, but fuck me sideways, I just don't get it.

Are he and his family buying them all up and shipping them to some poor third world country?

WTMF?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 20:47 »

What the hell is this guy thinkin', putting Polamalu & Brees in the same sentence as Tim Tebow?  Only in their dreams!

[:/ESPNspeak]

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2011 at 06:39 »

I've heard this mentioned before, but fuck me sideways, I just don't get it.

97%
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2011 at 16:29 »

Very interesting.  Really odd that a player with several years' experience, coming off an injury that severely limited his season, on a team that underperformed, jumps to #1.

My hypothesis?  A LOT of #7s went into mothballs in the offseason, replaced by 43.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 22:27 »

My hypothesis?  A LOT of #7s went into mothballs in the offseason, replaced by 43.

I'd say that's a wise guess.  Especially since I know specifically of a dad who bought his daughter a new #43 to replace the #7.  (okay, I've let her start wearing her #7 again).

Following Polamalu in jersey sales were Saints QB Drew Brees, the 2009 league MVP, and popular rookie quarterback Tim Tebow of Denver

But he's a Christian...which MUST mean he's a good QB.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: