Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 17, 2014 at 04:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NYJ @ IND  (Read 747 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jan 08, 2011 at 19:03 »

Let's go Peyton!  No, that feels totally wrong.  FUCK YOU AND YOUR DOUCHY TEAM, FAT MAN!!!

Yeah, that's better  Grin Grin

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 19:20 »

Holy crap, Santonio Holmes is an eeeediot.  If you aren't gonna catch the punt then get the eff away.  Lucky he didn't get pushed into the ball.  Bad challenge by Caldwell.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 21:55 »

Kinda of a blah game.  Vinatieri hit a clutch 50 yarder 16-14 Colts.  Lets see if Dirty can move 'em to FG range with 00:45 remaining from their 46.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 22:01 »

Looks like they can.  00:29 left and they're on the Colts 32.  And they complete a pass to the 14, running the clock down to 00:03 for the kick.  Damn.

Eh, you should have seen Peyton's face, LMAO.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 22:04 »

Looks like the Chefs or Ravoons.  The Patsies should feast on the the Jests.  Sigh.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 08:41 »

Yeah, this game (unlike the NFC WC) went pretty much as I thought it would.  Jets D slows it down, they don't let Sanchez fuck it up.  Lots of Brad Smith to augment the rush attach.  Clutch FG wins it. 

'Cept that won't work in NE.  No way, no how.  Could get ugly, in fact.

Hope Rexy didn't shoot his wad in that one game plan.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 12:14 »

Ugh. Would've loved the chance for the Steelers to play these Colts. I think we would have won by two TDs. The Patriots are going to destroy the Jets, I think, but you never know. Two weeks off might cool down New England, and the Jets can play like they have nothing to lose. Those issues can have a big impact, and even though we've never really seen the Patriots lose a big game for those apparent reasons, doesn't mean it can't happen.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 14:49 »

Hopefully some Jet will hurt Brady.  Tear out some hair implants, bruise his mangina, that kinda thing.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 14:31 »

Holy crap, Santonio Holmes is an eeeediot.  If you aren't gonna catch the punt then get the eff away.  Lucky he didn't get pushed into the ball.  Bad challenge by Caldwell.

Yeah, I was yellin' at the TV for somebody to knock his ass into it.  Dunno why the coverage team let him body them up like a power forward in basketball.  Could've easily pushed him over onto it as the ball was going through his legs.

I've said before that I don't particularly mind the Colts.  I actively root for them when they're not playin' the Steelers, but expected them to have issues this year.  Thought for sure they wouldn't let Rex "Ispoogeonmywife'ssexyfeet" Ryan to go into their building and come away with a win.  Gotta give credit where it's due though and they definitely made the right adjustments at the half.

Manning seemed to be fighting a losing battle the whole game though; kinda felt like he was the only one that went over the gameplan and prepared.  WRs not in the right place or running wrong routes; dropping easy catches; and not fighting hard to get open (Wayne).  Defensively, they were about as banged up as a team could be, but they just let NY have their way on the ground, especially in the 2nd half.  Gotta force Dirty and his slippery fingered WRs to make a play.  And, don't even get me started on Caldwell.  Does that guy have a clue?  Everytime the camera cuts to him, he has this, "I can't believe I'm a coach in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE" look on his face.  If it wasn't for #18, the media would be doing their best to Childress him out of a job.

I absolutely don't see the Jets keeping it close against the Pastries.  Don't think they'll get blown out to the tune of 45-3, but it definitely feels like a double digit margin of victory is coming.  34-17...31-16...34-20~ish. 

Really, it's a Catch-22 for me.  Doesn't matter which team wins, there are plenty of fans from each here that will do their best to annoy the fuck outta me.  I will say though, that one of our new neighbors is a Boston/New England fan and is like the nicest guy you'll ever meet.  I assume his parents were Steeler fans and he was switched at birth or something...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 14:41 »

Caldwell is a doofus.  Has some of the worst time management "skills" in the league.  That last TO might have won the Jets the game.

Stonio had that dumbassed play, and just in general did not look good.  I think he's back to smoking on the way to games.

Sanchez is not a good QB.  I may revise my Pats-Jets prediction a bit more in the Pats' favor.  Jets' only hope to win is if the D pulls some miracle.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: