Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 17, 2014 at 22:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NO @ SEA  (Read 293 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jan 08, 2011 at 17:37 »

31-20 Seahags about halfway through the 3rd and the Saints aren't looking good at all, the D is giving it up in chunks.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 18:44 »

34-30 and Lynch rips off a bad ass 60+ run for a TD.  No way he should have gotten pas the los.  Man, NO deserved to lose that game.

41-30 Game Over.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 08:39 »

Brees was IIRC third of all time in PA this season.

Also was 39-60 yesterday, with 39 being a playoff record for completions.

Saints D was burned early and often when the Seahags picked on the safeties.  No problem getting behind them for the big score (cf., Toxic Differential).  Against a decent secondary, I don't think the Hags have a chance.  But Nawlins was completely shocking to me, esp. with Gregg Williams as DC -- expected much more from them.

Looks like AJ's bad DVOA juju worked here.

Eagles win, they go to Atlanta.  Packers win, Chicago.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 14:53 »

Guess that perfect storm hit on Saturday afternoon.

Expected a cover, but not an outright win.  Felt even more confident about it when it was announced that The Beck was going to be "behind the helmet."  Still, inex-fucking-cusable by N.O. to get trounced by those guys.  They totally overlooked the Hags, were grossly unprepared and it showed.  Defensively, they looked like they were running a walk through.  Zero intensity.  Payton should take a bunch of the blame here for not having those guys firing on all cylinders.  Last year, the media couldn't come up with enough superlatives to describe him.  Maybe a 'lil of the bloom comes off that rose?

And, was nice to see Lynch rumble for that TD.  That stiff arm when he threw Porter to the ground was frickin' sweet.  And, I did like that goalline call to Carlson where he engaged a defender (safety), went to the ground, 3 Mississippi-ed it, hopped back up and caught that wide open pass in the EZ.  Paying attention, Bruce?  Might be a nice addition to the playbook for David Johnson as defenses wouldn't be keying on him in the RZ.  PAP rollout to the right, 85 throwback?  Just sayin.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 15:09 »

Yeah, that play with Carlson was supposedly one the Bengals ran on the Saints a few weeks ago that the Seattle coaches picked up on.

Really, I don't understand how Gregg Williams got beaten so badly.  Guy's one of the better DCs in the league.  But his DL looked soft, and if Roman Harper ain't GOY (Goat of the Year), I don't know who is.  He's like 27 or something and has a full head of gray hair.  I think that fucker lied, and he's really 50.  Moves like it.  If Mike Jenkins is in at S, Saints win.  Period.

Also some bad coaching from Payton, who I think is awfully damned good on offense.  But fourth and a rat turd and they don't just push forward with a QB sneak?  Arians-esque douchery, that.

This just ranks as one of the biggest upsets I've ever witnessed.  And yeah, I know the Hags beat the Bears back in October, but I think the rematch will be a different story.  There's no way the Hags make it to the NFCC.  Right?  Right???

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: