Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 15, 2014 at 22:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! 2011 Super Bowl Broadcast question...  (Read 398 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« on: Jan 17, 2011 at 13:06 »

Hey, does anyone know whether the SB this year will be broadcast in 3D?

I am going to be buying a new TV, and am going to buy a 3D ready one. I don't currently have a 3D Blu-ray or anything, so I'd put off buying the VERY expensive glasses unless our team is in the SB this year.

A guy at our local TigerDirect/CompUSA said that it is going to be broadcast in 3D, but I can't find that out anywhere. It was not something he said to sell me the TV (it's already pretty much sold!), it was more of an aside -- but he was pretty emphatic.

Does anyone know what the deal is? Or the is No Fun League pushing it off until they can charge us all more for it?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 21:35 »

Great question Lambert.  I can't imagine,at this point (with 3D TV being so new) that the game would be broadcast in 3D.  Heck there isn't any content, other than on demand, that's even in 1080P.

Check out AVSforum.com.  That is one site that you will be able to find that info.

Question:  Your TV doesn't come with 2 pair of glasses?  Seems like most of them do.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 23:21 »

Good question but Im not a nerd and have a regular TV. Turns on with a remote and I don't have to suit up in glasses to watch it. Sorry.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2011 at 08:31 »

Y2 liquored up and PO'd on a Monday night.

You better take it easy, you gotta make it to Sunday this week!!!!

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2011 at 08:52 »

Hey, does anyone know whether the SB this year will be broadcast in 3D?

I am going to be buying a new TV, and am going to buy a 3D ready one. I don't currently have a 3D Blu-ray or anything, so I'd put off buying the VERY expensive glasses unless our team is in the SB this year.

A guy at our local TigerDirect/CompUSA said that it is going to be broadcast in 3D, but I can't find that out anywhere. It was not something he said to sell me the TV (it's already pretty much sold!), it was more of an aside -- but he was pretty emphatic.

Does anyone know what the deal is? Or the is No Fun League pushing it off until they can charge us all more for it?

Lambert - I just searched AVSforum and didn't see any mention of it.  That site, IMO, is the best AV site in existance.  I'm not a search wizard, but tried a coupla different searches and didn't get anything.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2011 at 13:24 »

Ok.

Guess the guy at the shop was wrong.

Good, since I didn't want to have to buy the 3D kit yet --and additional pairs of glasses for freeloa...er...um...G UESTS.

Thanks for the help, guys. Except you Y2.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: