Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 18:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GB @ PHILA  (Read 277 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 10, 2011 at 15:18 »

Didn't see a game thread here, but the Packers got after Vick pretty much the way I thought they would.

In my power rankings, I had previously wondered why the Pack didn't use James Starks more, after some early success.  Answer: they were saving him for the playoffs.

Some bad clock management from Mike McCarthy at the end of the half meant the Pack were up 14-3 instead of 17-3 or 21-3, which could have easily been the case.  Given how close the game ended, that could have been a disastrous call.

Eagles need a RT, badly.  If we don't make a move to keep Colon, wouldn't surprise me.  Clay Matthews shat out bits of Winston Justice and King Dunlap this morning. 

Not a Vick fan by any stretch, and I'll save any sermonizing on his rehabilitation as a person, but as far as his career rehab has gone, he had a pretty damned good year.  I actually felt bad for the guy for the first time since FSU beat VT for the national title.  As the Eagles were driving the field, you couldn't have asked for a better finish... until Vick threw the pick.  The guy obviously worked hard to finally become the passing QB I never thought he'd be, and the Packers let the door open for him to win it.  Hated the playcalling before the Pack punted, which was again Arians-esque.  They had many chances for the kill shot and never took it.  Not sure if that bodes well for the Falcons rematch.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 15:30 »

Surprised there's no thread for arguably, the best game of the weekend.

Packers look pretty scary.  Sad to say that I didn't get the call in in time because of the shopping excursion.  Rodgers finally got that monkey off his back so now he can just up and play.

Shouldn't have been as close as it was (wide open Jones drop), but they did what they had to do to get it done.  Not sure what whatshisface was thinking running that INT out of the EZ, but it worked out.  Too bad this matchup occurred on WC weekend as either team had a good shot of getting to the SB.  

I picked GB to be the NFC rep in a playoff pool I'm in so hopefully they can get there.

Should be a great one this weekend in Atlanta as the last time they met, the Falcs won it with a last second FG.

EDIT:  merged my thread into Fin's as he beat me to the punch.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 at 15:43 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 15:41 »

Some bad clock management from Mike McCarthy at the end of the half meant the Pack were up 14-3 instead of 17-3 or 21-3, which could have easily been the case.  Given how close the game ended, that could have been a disastrous call.

Yeah, I couldn't understand that either.  And, Buck was so busy slobbering Aikman's knob that he and Troy never bothered to mention anything about it until the teams were jogging off the field to the locker room.  I mean, McCarthy could've saved a boatload of time when Philly lined up to kick a FG with about 1:30-1:40 left.  Instead, they just let it run down and then, take basically the same approach after the KO running a draw.

WTF?

Even the Jets would've taken some shots, man.

Eagles need a RT, badly.  If we don't make a move to keep Colon, wouldn't surprise me.  Clay Matthews shat out bits of Winston Justice and King Dunlap this morning.

LOL.

That strict PED diet can be a bitch.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: