Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 22, 2014 at 20:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dick LeBeau  (Read 290 times)
TucsonSteeler

« on: Jan 11, 2011 at 11:17 »

Super glad he got into the HOF and his contributions to the NFL and the Steelers is still grossly understated.  I hope he coachs for us for the next 50 years.  But the reality is he is getting up there in years.  How much longer do you think he wants to do this?  Yes he looks and acts like a teenager but the reality is at 70+ you have to wonder if he has a few other things he would rather be doing?  I have been wondering who would take over the DC position if Dick did retire.  Then I ran across this article:  http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_six_from_around_the_web_tuesday_january_11th_butler_card_blocked_edition/3944584

"After the 2009 season, Butler turned down an offer to become the Dolphins' defensive coordinator. According to the Post-Gazette, Butler and the Steelers agreed then to contract language that identifies Butler as "the coordinator in waiting" for when Dick LeBeau decides to retire."

This would be great if it happened!!  Butler has to be on a lot of teams short list.  If the Steelers can hang on to him until Dick hangs up the cleats I don't think we would have much of a drop off.  Otherwise we could end up with a DC in the shape of Brucey or work through several of them until we find the right guy. My guess is that Butler has kept his eyes and ears open over the past several years.  I hope so...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 11:21 »

"After the 2009 season, Butler turned down an offer to become the Dolphins' defensive coordinator. According to the Post-Gazette, Butler and the Steelers agreed then to contract language that identifies Butler as "the coordinator in waiting" for when Dick LeBeau decides to retire."

That's an interesting tidbit.  Still makes you wonder how long LeBeau will want to go.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 12:15 »

And thank goodness for Butler that he didn't go to the train wreck that is the Miami Dolphins

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: