Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 18:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Troy Polamalu says 'Kala Christougena!'  (Read 362 times)
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jan 07, 2011 at 09:47 »

This guy is really unique.

http://postgazette.com/pg/11007/1116221-455.stm

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2011 at 11:14 »

"Christmas Lent" or "Winter Lent" lasts 40 days, broken by a feast on Christmas, said the Rev. Stelyios Muksuris, administrative assistant to Metropolitan Maximos of the Greek Orthodox Diocese of Pittsburgh and professor of liturgy and theology at Ss. Cyril & Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary. Slavic Orthodox keep a strict fast, abstaining from meat, dairy products, oil and fish for 40 days. Greeks usually permit fish, cheese and oil for the first few weeks, then fast strictly for the last two, he said.

Mr. Polamalu is of Samoan heritage, and belongs to the Greek church, but fasts like a Russian.

His consists of a "fast from dairy, from meat and from oil for 40 days -- as well as from sex," he said. "It's to prepare you for the birth of Christ, of God incarnate."

Wut?

That's a lot of pent up energy.  Hope he didn't shoot his whole load against Cleveland last week and come out flat against Colts/Ravens/Chiefs.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: