Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 17:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFC Title Game: NYJ @ PIT 1/22/11 6:30pm ET  (Read 6986 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #80 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 20:58 »

Our offense can't function without Pouncey, it looks like. Hope he can get better.

Holy shit, we're in the Super Bowl again!!!!!!!!!!!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #81 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 21:04 »

Our offense can't function without Pouncey, it looks like. Hope he can get better.

Holy shit, we're in the Super Bowl again!!!!!!!!!!!

Ankle's better than an ACL... hoping he's ready for the SB!!!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #82 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 21:12 »

Jekyll and Hyde, 1st Half to 2nd Half

No clue WTF they were doing from 15:00 on in the 3Q.

But they won and that's all that matters at this point.  

Funny that Simms names Ike and Gay as Players of the Game...musta not seen the pick play at the goal lne

Jonathan Scott, "staring left tackle for the Steelers in the Superbowl"...I wouldn't have put money near that

Pouncey needs to get back soon.  Trade up for his brother in this year's draft.  Legs is good as a FB but that's it around the goal line.

The rookie WRs didn't fight for the ball early in the game.  Brown's catch to ice it was great though.

Who buys the AFC Champs shirt and hat (apologies to those who have already visited NFLShop.com)?

I thought I was watching a Bill Cowher team in the 2nd half; play not to lose.  

Glad to shut Rex up.  I'd probably like Rex if he were my coach but I love how Tomlin completely sidestepped the question re: the second half during the post-game ceremony.  

GB is gonna be a tough matchup.  Not as tough as AZ but better than Seattle.  Have to get Pouncey back.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Manimal

« Reply #83 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 21:13 »

Our offensive line coach deserves Assistant Coach of the Year, if there is such a thing.

We're going to the Super Bowl with Scott, Foster, and Legursky getting major playing time in huge games. That is incredible.

What a game by Mendy. It seemed like every decision he made to stop, stutter, bounce outside, somehow, some way, worked out for him. He had about a half-dozen 1-yard losses that he turned into 3-yard to 5-yard gains. That was absolutely huge.

Ben wasn't very good, but that is a damn good Jets pass D and it looked like they were keyed on stopping the downfield passing game. Good on Arians for recognizing or expecting that and pounding the Jets on the ground during the opening drives.

ah, fuck it, I can't think straight right now. We're AFC Champs holy shit!!!!!
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #84 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 21:16 »

To imagine there was a contingent of fans that wanted Ben gone before the season...

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Manimal

« Reply #85 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 21:17 »

I thought I was watching a Bill Cowher team in the 2nd half; play not to lose.  

I agree, though the decision to throw for the first down on 3rd-and-6 seemed like the difference between Tomlin and Cowher. (To be fair, if my QB was Kordell or Maddox in that situation, I would Cowher it up, too.)

The Steelers definitely went into clock-kill mode early, which surprised me. I think they respected the Jets' D, though, and did not expect Sanchez to play mistake-free under all that pressure for an entire half. So, I can't say I blame them entirely, but the offense stayed in that shell the entire half.

It did seem like we fell apart without Pouncey in there and the Jets kind of expecting us to run.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #86 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 21:22 »

most stupidest call i have ever seen to ice the game and it actually worked.  I was motherfucking from the moment i saw an empty backfield on third and 6.  but holy shit, super bowl bound. 

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Manimal

« Reply #87 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 21:25 »

most stupidest call i have ever seen to ice the game and it actually worked.  I was motherfucking from the moment i saw an empty backfield on third and 6.  but holy shit, super bowl bound. 

Yeah, I was expecting a play-action roll-out with ben having an option to just take a knee. But I love that we played to win.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #88 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 21:48 »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO!
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #89 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 22:05 »

Oh.
My.
God.
We're going to the Super Bowl!!