Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 18, 2014 at 13:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFC Title Game: NYJ @ PIT 1/22/11 6:30pm ET  (Read 6458 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #90 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 22:15 »

You fought off that karma without even posting pics - gj!!!!!

Awesome score on the tix and airfare!!!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #91 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 22:26 »

Wow what a game!  Did not expect to be in the Super Bowl this year.  But would it kill the guys to give us a 31-10 AFCC for once?

Not a stellar game for Ben, but as usual, when we needed a play, he made a play...twice.

Mendenhall MVP for this one without question.

Has a team made the Super Bowl with a line as beat up as ours?

And for those who wanted the Pats, nobody remembers who you beat on the way to the big game.

Gratz to LC and anyone else that scores SB tix!
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #92 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 22:37 »

You guys, I don't know what I'll do if we win #7 when I'm there, but it will be special.
And I'll be working out solid for the next 2 weeks to make sure I'm in the best shape of my career.
 Grin

I'm still the one with the boobs.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #93 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 22:56 »

We got a load on our hands in 2 weeks, and the load is named B.J. Raji.  If Pouncey can't play, straight up folks, we're fucked.

But that's in 2 weeks, and right now I am currently enjoying the NY local TV coverage pissing and moaning about their "heartbreaking" loss.  Look up, folks.  You were down by 3 scores at the half.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #94 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 06:34 »

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #95 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 09:02 »

WTF?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #96 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 09:17 »

GB is gonna be a tough matchup.  Not as tough as AZ but better than Seattle.  Have to get Pouncey back.

I'm not sure I could disagree more. GB will be the toughest matchup since 1995 for the Steelers in the SB and it's not even close IMO.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #97 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 09:27 »

Thought it was a great game by Mendenhall. I thought he had more than 121 yards rushing for what I remember him doing during the game. He also added 32 yards receiving and had a hell of a game (4.5ypc and 16ypr).

I also thought that Heath Miller had a hell of a game without piling up any stats. He was a blocking machine plus he was the leading receiver (not saying much). I'd also give a game ball to the Line. Aside from the two snaps after Legs took over, they really played a very good game. They gave up 2 sacks, but against the Jets defense and with Ben at QB, that is not bad. In all, I thought they played very well. I thought Kemo had a great game. Even his footwork on pass blocking was exceptional yesterday.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #98 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 09:48 »

most stupidest call i have ever seen to ice the game and it actually worked.  I was motherfucking from the moment i saw an empty backfield on third and 6.  but holy shit, super bowl bound. 

I hated the empty set, because I always hate the empty set considering our offensive line.  However, I didn't have any problem with the shotgun.  With Legs at center, I thought we should have been in the shotgun on the goal line. 

PAP would have been fine, but Ben is just better from the gun, with a chance to see the field and escape the inevitable onslaught of rushers.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #99 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 10:24 »

GB is gonna be a tough matchup.  Not as tough as AZ but better than Seattle.  Have to get Pouncey back.

I'm not sure I could disagree more. GB will be the toughest matchup since 1995 for the Steelers in the SB and it's not even close IMO.

I agree.  The AZ game was surprising to me, I thought the Steelers would slaughter them.  And I had no respect for the Seahags.  But this is one hella tough GB team.  Good ground game, QB, very good defense.  Hey, if I weren't such an optimistic and blind fan, I'd be seriously worried.  The only other #6 seeds to make it to the Super Bowl won it, ya know.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: