Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 05:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, I might just have to make the 8 hour trek...  (Read 1647 times)
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 07:27 »

I'm sure I missed this too, but where are you coming from again?  Also, if you need any info about the city, places to stay, where to eat, where to park, and how to get to the game, feel free.

I'd be coming from CT and it would be my first time in the city.  Being a n00b, I'd appreciate any and all inside info I could get.  TY.

First things first, though.  Gotta see if I can set this up!

Just hit Primanti's and you'll be fine. The good one downtown in the strip not one of the chain ones that they've opened recently. It's a dive, but it's pure Pittsburgh (in atmosphere and in the crowd that will be there) and the sammies are awesome.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 10:29 »

I have a friend who's a Cowboys, Yankees and Lakers fan.  Is it ok if I just kill him?

What have we devolved to in this country when you want to KILL someone because of the teams they root for?  That's just the most offensive and irresponsible comment I can imagine someone making. 

FFS, use your head for once.  Don't you want to waterboard him first?  It's the American way!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 11:23 »

Wow, really AJ?

Figured you for a displaced former 'burgher.

Unless your hate for the Cheatriots has carried over to all Boston teams, which is definitely the case for me.  

So I root for (1) the Pirates and (2) the Yankees and whoever is playing the Celts.

Sorry to disappoint.  Please don't hold it against me.   Smiley

As scballers has described and I may have mentioned before, basically all of my team allegiances began due to a hatred for a particular organization and/or region.  In MLB, I really had no choice.  Growing up, it was the main sport watched in our household and my parents absolutely despised the Red Sox and loved the Yankees.  Game.  Set.  Match.

As my love of sports grew and I started watching other types, I followed the same MO.  Couldn't stand Bird/McHale/Parrish/Johnson's Celtics, so I gravitated towards the Lakers.  And finally, I really hated the arrogance and cockiness of the Cowboys so that drove me towards the light (Steelers).

Anyway, it doesn't look like this is going to materialize.  Too many factors working against me.

Angry

*sigh*

:sadpanda:

EDIT:  About the only thing that might give me an outside chance at getting there is a significant drop in ticket prices.  A quick look at stubhub shows a pretty decent drop from yesterday.  Uppers are ranging from $230-$250~ish, compared to $310 and up yesterday.  I'm very surprised at the amount of tickets still available.  Stubhub alone has 619 of 'em out there right now.  I'm sure other sites have plenty too.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011 at 11:44 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 11:55 »

One other point, I noticed that several of the upper deck sections on the visiting side have no seats available.  Might be nothing...but might be indicative of a lot of Jets fans bucking up and making the trip too.  I know several of the local radio guys have been pushing hard for fans to pony up and go.  Show your support, etc., etc.  At my company, there were at least a half dozen that I know that bought tickets.  And, that's just my department.  Just sayin'...

Just something to keep in mind for those planning on attending.  Don't be surprised if you see more visiting colors than usual.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #24 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 12:52 »

hey AJ, if you're making that 8 hour trek, where are you driving from? That's about the same time it takes me.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #25 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 14:36 »

One other point, I noticed that several of the upper deck sections on the visiting side have no seats available.  Might be nothing...but might be indicative of a lot of Jets fans bucking up and making the trip too.  I know several of the local radio guys have been pushing hard for fans to pony up and go.  Show your support, etc., etc.  At my company, there were at least a half dozen that I know that bought tickets.  And, that's just my department.  Just sayin'...

Just something to keep in mind for those planning on attending.  Don't be surprised if you see more visiting colors than usual.

Visiting side tickets have always been easier for me to get.  Not sure what my point is, but its definitely the more accessible side of the stadium.  I do know two Jets fans making the trip and I hope its miserable.

Also the trip from CT could be treacherous right now.  The Burgh got hit pretty good yesterday evening and my guess is Interstate 80 also saw its share of snow.  Ordinarily I bet its closer to a 7 hour drive but probably not now.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 14:58 »

I floated the idea by Mrs. Finny last weekend.  Got some ticket prices off eBay, rounded up some hotel numbers, go out Saturday, come back Monday...

She was more than happy to watch from the comfort of the living room, where the game can be paused for a piss break, another log put on the fire, all the creature comforts. 

Were I a single dude, I would probably shoulder the expense and brave the forecast (16F is the high... 5F the low... FFS!).

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 21:19 »

Last week, one of the guys tailgating with us got a ticket for $150 - lower level.  Another got club level for $240.

If you make the trek, just go for the scalpers.  I know people you can tailgate with, and if all else fails, go to Bettis's to watch the game.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 23:08 »

122 I'm in. I sit on the aisle though, so it is much closer to 121 as scballer said. I am in row R. Ill be the strapping dude with dashing looks, a runny nose, and a scarf. Dashing. I'll always be holding at least one beer and sometimes I slide down the railing.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #29 on: Jan 22, 2011 at 01:44 »

122 I'm in. I sit on the aisle though, so it is much closer to 121 as scballer said. I am in row R. Ill be the strapping dude with dashing looks, a runny nose, and a scarf. Dashing. I'll always be holding at least one beer and sometimes I slide down the railing.

513 row E this weekend.  Cheer loudly.

And then there's this....

www.steelers.com/news/article-1/McDonalds-FanCam-coming/ac4fba68-73fb-4de7-bb06-fd2b2bfc4926

kluisi Fixed the link (I hope)
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2011 at 08:50 by kluisi61 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: