Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 13:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL considering limit on felons  (Read 499 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Jan 18, 2011 at 15:14 »

Not really, but this move by the Ravens may put Herr Goodell's mind to work on it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Baltimore-Ravens-interested-in-jailed-receiver-Plaxico-Burress-when-released-011811

How many convicts do you have to sign before you realize that you're just not that good?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 08:30 »

Wow.   Well, you gotta figure somebody will give him a shot.  I'm surprised that Anquan Boldin and TJ Doucheyomomma didn't satisfy the Ratties.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 08:59 »

you gotta figure somebody will give him a shot

Intentional or accidental?  Either way, well-played!

I guess the Ravens must go to great lengths to try and make Joe Flaggelance into a franchise QB, but I'm beginning to think the guy just doesn't have it.  He's good, but seems to be missing some kind of "It" factor needed to take them to the next level.

Maybe the "It" that he needs is the ability to beat Ben Roethlisberger?  Lucky or not, seem Ben is to Joe as Brady is to Ben.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 10:25 »

That was a happy accident, aka, money shot in Otis' parlance.  The Ravens need to get  lucky on a couple of young & speedy guys like the Steelers did this season.  Going for another retread (same 'ol strategy) won't make much of a difference for those guys.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 10:49 »

LOL -- Burress. 

I guess the Ravens must go to great lengths to try and make Joe Flaggelance into a franchise QB, but I'm beginning to think the guy just doesn't have it.  He's good, but seems to be missing some kind of "It" factor needed to take them to the next level.

Not to defend Flacco (or any Raven for that matter), but IMO, he isn't the reason the Ravens lost to Pittsburgh.  OK, the botched snap seemed to be his fault from all the angles I saw.  But, how many times did his receivers let him down?  He put it right on Boldin's hands in the EZ for a sure TD that was dropped.  Pretty sure the generally reliable Mason had one drop and even that final play, 4th and a mile pass hit Douchey right in his paws.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 11:37 »

Not to defend Flacco (or any Raven for that matter), but IMO, he isn't the reason the Ravens lost to Pittsburgh.  OK, the botched snap seemed to be his fault from all the angles I saw.  But, how many times did his receivers let him down?  He put it right on Boldin's hands in the EZ for a sure TD that was dropped.  Pretty sure the generally reliable Mason had one drop and even that final play, 4th and a mile pass hit Douchey right in his paws.

You're forgetting about the interception, which was a horrible read and a worse throw.  Let us right back in the game.

I'd grade Flacco a C- for the game, and the WR's get an F.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 11:43 »

SAd thing is, Flacco is the best thing they've had in there since Elvis Grrbackup Trent Dilfer.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2011 at 12:01 »

SAd thing is, Flacco is the best thing they've had in there since Elvis Grrbackup Trent Dilfer.

Ever.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: