Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 11:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat screen wall mount  (Read 1215 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 09:11 »

I buy all of my cables and stuff from Monoprice.  I don't think you can buy items of that quality muc cheaper elsewhere.

I have no idea how much thos mounts usually are, but those prices seem crazy inexpensive.

Yeah, this.^^^

I've bought a ton of stuff from monoprice.  Have done so for years.  Cables, wiring, stands, cleaners, you name it.

For something that's gonna hold my TV though, I'm leery of going with one their products.  Yeah, it might save me a couple hundy, but the consequences of the risk aren't worth it, IMO.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 09:19 »

AJ - Search for your TV on AVS and see what mounts are being used, or which ones are liked best.

Might save a couple hundy you could put towards a DTV whole home upgrade   Wink

I can't believe these two mounts wouldn't be more than sufficient - 200lb and 300 lb capacity for < $100

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=5920&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=6517&seq=1&format=2

Minimum size for the 2nd link is 52 inches.  Don't recall what size the Laws are sporting.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2011 at 09:30 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 10:18 »

I buy all of my cables and stuff from Monoprice.  I don't think you can buy items of that quality muc cheaper elsewhere.

I have no idea how much thos mounts usually are, but those prices seem crazy inexpensive.

Yeah, this.^^^

I've bought a ton of stuff from monoprice.  Have done so for years.  Cables, wiring, stands, cleaners, you name it.

For something that's gonna hold my TV though, I'm leery of going with one their products.  Yeah, it might save me a couple hundy, but the consequences of the risk aren't worth it, IMO.

I hear you and if I hadn't actually tried it myself, I wouldn't even recommend it. I literally hung from the mount before I trusted it to hold my TV though and it was solid. Either way, decision is yours, but I'm really happy with my $30 one.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 14:26 »

AJ - What's the latest on your wall mount choice?

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 18:48 »

Leaning towards the OmniMount UCL-XB.

Just waiting to hear back from a rep as to whether this particular mount gives me any play room to center the TV on a stretch of wall where there aren't two 16" OC studs perfectly centered within that space.  Basically, how much wiggle room does the wall plate give me to shift it in either direction before I install the mounting arm.

Amazon has 'em at about half the cost they were a year and change ago.  Still pricey, but it's one of the better ones out there.  Hopefully, they get back to me ASAP as I'd like to install it and connect my home theatre speakers before the SB.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 08:44 »

That does look pretty nice.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: