Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 07:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a little freaked out...  (Read 2669 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« on: Jan 20, 2011 at 22:43 »

So, we have a cousin-in-law who works for a major athletic apparel manufacturer.  She has been able to procure Steelers tickets for us in the past.  Bro & Dad went to the Jets game on her, friends of mine in PGH to the Panthers game.
My sister has the bright idea to text her about the possibility of SB tix yesterday.  And yes, she has a line on 'em.  At face.
Calls back, gets sis's card number, tix are purchased.  4 tix. Sis, BIL, bro, me. What?

WE HAVEN'T WON YET!!!!!

Today I get the text from sis that she & hubby have bought plane tix on Southwest because friends of my bro, who work for SW, say prices will jump on Sunday.  Plus, tix are fully refundable for a year.  Text bro, he's purchasing our tix as I text.  I'm in my company's annual meeting all week, so my capacity to do anything but work is limited.  Hence I'm here at 11:38 at night.  So now we have reasonably priced tix to fly to Dallas on SB weekend.  What??

WE HAVEN'T WON YET!!!!!

I'm now officially freaking out.  Have we jinxed it all?  Please God, no.  Please don't be that vindictive.  I know I've promised things in return for victories, and I haven't always held up my end of the bargain (except for some pictures a couple of times...).
But please don't punish me like this.  Please.
Please let me have a reason to go to Dallas in 2 weeks.

I think I need to refill my Xanax prescription.....

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 02:06 »

I will now point out the Elephant in the Room.....

As Karma will dictate, if they do not make it and you refund etc.....time to stop teasin' and give us what the boards' been waitin' for!!   

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 07:25 »

Wow...now we can blame Leigh and Preach if the unthinkable should happen.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 08:11 »

*facepalm*

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 08:20 »

LC - you could offset some of the balance by getting out if front of this situation.  If you ante up some new pics, you can overcome the karma!!!!

Am I right, or am I right?  Who's with me?  Toga Toga Toga
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011 at 11:17 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 08:20 »

I thought you coming down to visit the 6th Floor Museum.  Right?  RIGHT?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 08:50 »

Complete fuckery. A buddy of mine decided to bring his Steelers SB CD to the bar when the 15-1 Steelers played the Pats a few years back.

A few days back he wants to buy the 2011 version and play it before the Ravens game. I reminded him of the previous dick move.

Had to go and get greedy.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 09:01 »

Jinx Sminx. I'm more worried (or pissed) about all the asshole season ticket holders selling their tickets to Jets fans.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 09:07 »

You've got to divest yourself of these tickets before you crash our fate!

Best send them to me for safe keeping.

Story 'bout the Steelers gnome.  A few weeks ago, a garden gnome in Steelers attire is looking in our front door one Sunday morning as we get the newspaper delivery.  No explanation.  I figure it's our neighbors, as we do things like this back and forth.  A while back, I was on the morning dog walk when I spotted a sweet wooden parrot that had been put out with someone's trash.  It looked like a tiki bar reject.  So I grab it and stick it in their garden in the front yard.  Stuff like that.  So when I'd be getting overheated and needed to ventilate, I'd run outside, grab the gnome and do this celebration in the snow, cooling down in the process.  Steelers tie the Ratties 21 all, I go to scoop the gnome... and fuck if I don't fumble the thing and bust it all up.  Now, I think I should glue him back together just in case, but the fact is that we still won with the broken gnome anyway, so maybe the gnome is not crucial to my personal contribution to the Steelers mojo.

Best part was when Mrs. told the neighbor of the gnome's demise, she referred to my maneuver as having "Houshmandzadeh'd" it.  Effin' sweet.  Nice matriculation of the Doucheman's name into a verb.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 12:17 »

Leigh, I'm already climbing the walls and you have totally freaked me out!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: