Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 04:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pouncey says he will play  (Read 364 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jan 24, 2011 at 07:59 »

Center Maurkice Pouncey started every game for the Steelers this season, and despite a high-ankle sprain that forced him to watch the final three quarters of Sunday's AFC championship game in street clothes, the rookie from the University of Florida said he will start Super Bowl XLV.

"Most definitely," Pouncey said when asked whether he would be playing against the Packers in two weeks in Dallas. "I had this same injury before on my other ankle and I know how to attack it. I know how to approach things. I know in my heart I'm playing in that game."

Pouncey said he knew he would not be able to return to the game as soon as the injury occurred. He said he heard a pop in the ankle after a Jets defensive lineman rolled up on him.

"It was the worst pain ever," he said.

Pouncey said he had a similar injury when he was a sophomore at Florida, and he came back to play the next game. He said he expets to hear from trainers today how badly the ankle is injured.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11024/1120261-66.stm#ixzz1BxdjfWYZ
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 08:57 »

Center Maurkice Pouncey started every game for the Steelers this season, and despite a high-ankle sprain that forced him to watch the final three quarters of Sunday's AFC championship game in street clothes, the rookie from the University of Florida said he will start Super Bowl XLV.

"Most definitely," Pouncey said when asked whether he would be playing against the Packers in two weeks in Dallas. "I had this same injury before on my other ankle and I know how to attack it. I know how to approach things. I know in my heart I'm playing in that game."

Pouncey said he knew he would not be able to return to the game as soon as the injury occurred. He said he heard a pop in the ankle after a Jets defensive lineman rolled up on him.

"It was the worst pain ever," he said.

Pouncey said he had a similar injury when he was a sophomore at Florida, and he came back to play the next game. He said he expets to hear from trainers today how badly the ankle is injured.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11024/1120261-66.stm#ixzz1BxdjfWYZ

Lets hope so, because Legs will be eaten alive by Raji...if he can even get the snap off while that big MFer is lined up across from him. He had enough trouble snapping the ball with the Jets.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 09:34 »

Lets hope so, because Legs will be eaten alive by Raji...if he can even get the snap off while that big MFer is lined up across from him. He had enough trouble snapping the ball with the Jets.

I would advocate going shotgun every snap if Legs is the starter.

I love Pouncey's heart, in contrast to certain other players from yesterday's games, but I will be shocked if he'll be able to play effectively in two weeks.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 11:43 »

I would advocate going shotgun every snap if Legs is the starter.

I love Pouncey's heart, in contrast to certain other players from yesterday's games, but I will be shocked if he'll be able to play effectively in two weeks.

Yeah...I actually thought he broke his leg when I saw the replays.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: