Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 16, 2014 at 16:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Bowl XLV, Feb. 6, 2011  (Read 8143 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #60 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 18:48 »

4 penalties for the Steelers

1 for the Pack

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #61 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 18:51 »

Down 21-3. Need a TD before the half to have a chance, I think.
Manimal

« Reply #62 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 18:53 »

I think Ward can no longer get open against good corners. Prove me wrong, Hines!
Manimal

« Reply #63 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 18:55 »

Woodson and Shields are out - time to open this thing up, Ben.
Manimal

« Reply #64 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 18:57 »

I think Ward can no longer get open against good corners. Prove me wrong, Hines!

Damn, he heard me! You're welcome, Steelers fans.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #65 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 19:44 »

That was a sweet drive.  RAM IT IN THE BOOT!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Manimal

« Reply #66 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 20:33 »

17-28 now.

Not looking good.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #67 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 21:13 »

Steelers executed poorly.  Couldn't have had things go more poorly in every phase of the game.  2 INTs, 1 fumble on offense.  DBs were horrible (Gay and Polamalu in particular).  Suisham missing a FG 15 yards wide.

Communication on the final drive was terrible. 

Disappointing way to end the year.  But it was a good game from the general fan's perspective, I would assume.  A lot of momentum changes, though no lead changes.

Tough season in general with Ben's suspension, the emphasis put on hard hits and the microscope the Steelers were under for most fo the season, and the patchwork OL.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #68 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 21:17 »

Add Fox's penalty at the end and the Steelers didn't deserve a shot at winning it.  Completely outplayed all night long.

Manimal

« Reply #69 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 21:21 »

Overall, I can't say I'm displeased or disappointed with this season. I think we over-acheived somewhat, but we did have several opportunities to win this game.

Big Ben was not accurate on anything deep -- hell, scratch that, our receivers seemed to be leaping and stretching for the screen passes, too. His accuracy, overall, was terrible, I thought. I really thought we were going to carve them up after Woodson left the game, but it didn't happen.

I think our offensive line, suprisingly enough, was the best part of our offense. Not that they were great -- our good runs were essentially on plays where our backs bounced it outside. Ben had a lot of time on most plays, though.

How the receivers played is awfully hard to tell from the couch, but it looked like our inexperience finally caught up to us. There seemed to be a number of plays where the ball was thrown to the wrong spot.

Overall on offense, we never seemed to find a rhythm or to figure out what we wanted to do. We had run-heavy drives followed by pass-heavy drives. I don't know. Some of the credit has to be given to the Pack - their D played a great game, basically.

Our defense didn't play a spectacular game, but well enough to win against a very good offense.  The two scoring drives we gave up in the 4th quarter were bad, though. That 31-yard gain we allowed on 3rd-and-10 was horrible.
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: