Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 03:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Ben  (Read 621 times)
TucsonSteeler

« on: Jan 25, 2011 at 10:32 »

There is no doubt that Ben had one of his worst games of the season this past Sunday.  I also believe that he will have one of his best games come the SB.  Lastly, I think that Brady is one of the very best QBs to play the game.

But this article is absolutely ridiculous:  http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1311744

To imply that the Steelers are going to the SB "in spite" of Ben is just fucking retarded.  Does anyone who really understands the game, any game from football to checkers, that the goal is to WIN.  Who cares about the statistics or style points?  The Patriots can have them all just give me NUMBER 7!!  That is #7 trophy and #7 QB!!

Read through some of the comments.  I don't want to understate what happen in GA, stupid ass doing a stupid act.  But to grossly over state that he actually rapped someone is, repeating myself here, fucking retarded.  The only reason this is such a big deal is because Ben is winning and going to the SB.  Its the same reason you are not hearing about Vick any more, because he lost.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 10:38 »

This is good though, from the comments section:

"The NFL Network showed the replay of the Steeler Packer game earlier in the year. The kid is a POS but he is way better than Brady. Not even close. His acuracy, scrambling ability, comeback ability, long throws...etc. He can do way more than Brady. Brady is the Martina Hingis of the NFL. Once great but will be quickly overpassed by much better athletes."

Somehow a lady tennis player comparison seems awfully appropriate for Beardy.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 10:42 »

Reading the comments section on articles from the herald or espn does nothing but kill braincells. Just accept the fact that haters are gonna hate. Ben is one of the best ever and if he wins in 2 weeks he jumps ahead of everyone not named Bradshaw and Montana is rings. They can keep Brady.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 10:53 »

A lot of people don't understand how good Ben is because they rely on stupid interpretations of football statistics -- stat-keeping in football is generally poorly done, anyway.

But also: Ben's passer rating vs. the Jets was low because he threw 0 TDs and 2 INTs. Our running game happened to punch in our offensive scores. If we'd scored with play-action 2-yard passes instead, Ben's rating would be in the 70s or 80s, but would you say he played a measurably better game?

And neither one of the two interceptions were costly. The one was a funny bounce on 4th-and-1. The other was worse, in that Ben had a man open for a TD, but fans kind of forget how hard it is to throw a pass 50 yards with accuracy, as Ben had to do on that play.

I even had someone argue with me that Ben didn't help the Steelers running the ball because he only averaged 2 yards a carry. Forgetting that Ben had kneel-downs at the end of each half, and on the last one of the game, he backed up 5 yards to kill another few seconds.

Stupid. He executed the game plan throughout the game as it evolved. He was protecting a lead against an outstanding and opportunistic pass defense. But I guess he should have handled the Jets like the great Brady did?
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 11:11 »

It's funny what happens if you Google Tom Brady's vagina.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 16:01 »

Roethlisberger is strong and mobile and he knows how to not screw it up. But you know what he really has over Brady? A better defense, better running game and better receivers. There’s your palate of greatness. The Steelers went 3-1 with Charlie Batch at QB. Put Brady on that team and the Steelers are not only in the Super Bowl, they are 10-point favorites.

Notice he conveniently forgot to mention the offensive line.  Put Brady on the Steelers and they're not in the Super Bowl at all.  They're at home watching replays of Brady turtling and crying like a little girl after his 5th sack - in the first half.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 16:06 »

"www.bostonherald.com"

Stopped right there.  Didn't even have to read the article.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 20:54 »

That was an absolutely sophomoric effort at journalism.  I show less bias in my little amateur blog than this so-called professional.

AJ, should have taken your advice and just not bothered.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 09:07 »

My favorite part about the article is this dousche bag's desperate pleas for someone to please just stop this guy...  What an ass....  I really wish I was a violent man, and lived in Boston at times.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 11:27 »

I was living up there during the Pasties' rise in 2001.  That run of success in the 2000's vaulted them to the third most popular team in boston, just ahead of the Bruins.  Believe me, the patriots fans and most of their media know next to nothing about football itself.   

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: