Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 13:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S-H-U-T-U-P!!!  (Read 642 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Feb 02, 2011 at 22:38 »

In the words of Sarah "Who's Nailin'" Palin:  WTF???

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=6083150

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he felt "deceived" by Bill Belichick in the wake of the Spygate scandal in 2007, telling Sports Illustrated recently that the New England Patriots coach did not fulfill his obligation to "tell his side of the story" after the league handed down its punishment for illegally videotaping opponents.

After he issued fines of $500,000 to Belichick and $250,000 to the team, and docked the Patriots a first-round draft pick, Goodell said he told team owner Robert Kraft that, as another part of the penalty, Belichick would have to make a verbal apology in front of reporters. Belichick issued only a printed statement apologizing for his actions and refused to answer questions in a subsequent news conference.

"I was given assurances that [Belichick] would tell his side of the story," Goodell told Sports Illustrated. "He went out and stonewalled the press. I feel like I was deceived."

Belichick denied the allegation to SI.

"I did not make any assurances about thoroughly discussing the subject publicly," he told the magazine. "I said I would address it following the league's review. I then did that in a way I thought was appropriate. I don't think that was deceptive."

Really, what is Goodell trying to do by running his yap like this? 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 06:47 »

Goodell must be celebrating Festivus and this, combined with the Ben comments, is his "airing of grievances".

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 07:26 »

Goodell must be celebrating Festivus and this, combined with the Ben comments, is his "airing of grievances".

JHarrison vs. Goodell in the Feats of Strength?  Oh, I like it.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 08:24 »

Goodell: the idiot partner in the conspiracy.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 11:58 »

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he felt "deceived" by Bill Belichick in the wake of the Spygate scandal in 2007, telling Sports Illustrated recently that the New England Patriots coach did not fulfill his obligation to "tell his side of the story" after the league handed down its punishment for illegally videotaping opponents.

After he issued fines of $500,000 to Belichick and $250,000 to the team, and docked the Patriots a first-round draft pick, Goodell said he told team owner Robert Kraft that, as another part of the penalty, Belichick would have to make a verbal apology in front of reporters. Belichick issued only a printed statement apologizing for his actions and refused to answer questions in a subsequent news conference.

"I was given assurances that [Belichick] would tell his side of the story," Goodell told Sports Illustrated. "He went out and stonewalled the press. I feel like I was deceived."

"I did not make any assurances about thoroughly discussing the subject publicly," he told the magazine. "I said I would address it following the league's review. I then did that in a way I thought was appropriate. I don't think that was deceptive."

Unfortunately, I guess that there is NOTHING that Goddell could do if someone fails to follow up on promises made as part of a punishment. I guess increasing the penalty to something that might actually hurt the Pats is out of the question huh?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 12:04 »

Unfortunately, I guess that there is NOTHING that Goddell could do if someone fails to follow up on promises made as part of a punishment. I guess increasing the penalty to something that might actually hurt the Pats is out of the question huh?

Yeah, like forfeiting a draft pick or two...or five.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 13:06 »

If only the Commish had tools at his disposal. Wonder what would have happened to Ben if he didn't follow through with his punishment? Or Vick? Godell's a jackass.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: