Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 07:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest worry/concern about XLV  (Read 1168 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Feb 04, 2011 at 14:54 »

Aside from the obvious things like a last second loss or even a GB blowout, what single factor are you worried about in this one that has your stomach churning because you think it might be the difference or worse, cost 'em the game?

Pouncey/Smith being out?

Polamalu's health?

Green Bay's passing attack?

Rodgers' accuracy and elusiveness?

Green Bay's front seven vs. Pittsburgh's front five?

Pittsburgh's youth at WR?

Special teams?

For me, I have a bad feeling that Ben and/or Rashard will have an untimely fumble.  

Everybody knows Ben's ability to extend plays is a huge asset and it gives DCs fits at night.  As a fan, it's a double edged sword; we live and die by it.  While it more often than not ends up in a positive play, there's the chance that Ben's scrambling/keeping a play alive/fighting off a tackler or two leads to a FF.  With GB's speed on defense and the lack of familiarity in facing them, I could see a Woodson strip sack deep in their own end lead to some easy points for the Pack.

Same concern goes for RM.  Could see him having some tough sledding against GB's front seven early on, so he tries to force things, make something out of nothing and ends up coughing up the rock doing one of his patented spin moves.  Or, I could see him just get stripped during a run because he's holding the ball out, away from his body like a loaf of bread.

I guess these are kind of specific ways of saying that I'm worried about turnovers.  It'd odd that aspect has me so concerned considering they were amongst the best in the league in turnover differential (don't recall the numbers offhand, but IIRC, they were top 5) this year.  But, it feels like they haven't maintained that same level of ball security so far in the postseason.  Plus, the margin doesn't always tell the whole story.  I mean, what'd they have against the Jets?  3 fumbles?  Luckily they didn't lose any of them.  To a lesser extent, same goes for the Ravens game, I think.

Turnover that leads to points.

Turnover that gives GB a short field.

Or, worst of all, a turnover for 6 the other way.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2011 at 14:57 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2011 at 16:42 »

Mine...

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2011 at 17:42 »

I worry that Rodgers could pull a Brady on our secondary.  I don't expect this, but New England and New Orleans made us look like chumps this year.

I worry that our special teams could crap the bed and blow an otherwise winning effort.
I Steel Believe
N00b

« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 05:25 »

The biggest concern to me, by far, is GB's spread offense vs the Steeler defense.

Whether we like it or not, GB will have some success with it.  The question is, how much.
My biggest concern is matchups like...

William Gay vs Jordy Nelson.
Anth. Madison vs James Jones.

It's going to be really important that the Steelers get a good 4 man pass rush when we aren't blitzing.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 09:54 »

Ike Taylor falling down and Greg Jennings running past him for a deep TD catch.  Repeatedly.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 10:00 »

mine is ice falling off of the Cowboys Stadium roof and injuring our starting line up.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 10:09 »

Lebeau with 2 weeks to scheme. I like that.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 10:54 »

Running out of Finny's Official Drink of Choice for the 2010 Steelers Season:

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 10:51 »

I worry that Rodgers could pull a Brady on our secondary.  I don't expect this, but New England and New Orleans made us look like chumps this year.

Ditto this. During the week the amount of hype around Rodgers may have convinced me he is Superman. Here are a couple of things I have heard this week regarding Rodgers...

Rodgers has the quick release arm strength of Dan Marino.
Rodgers is part of the GB running game a la Michael Vick.

Just. Wow.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 11:01 »

I'm worried that ARE will only throw for one TD. If a guy was ever due for a 2 TD game...

I think he needs to step it up in his last SB.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: