Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 05:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lack of urgency in 4th?  (Read 1012 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2011 at 11:33 »

It seemed like they were completely lost and out of tune with each other...

Billy Joel agrees.

WTF, guys.  It's a 60 minute game.  Sense of urgency and cohesiveness ebbed and flowed throughout the playoffs tho.  2nd half of the divisionals...first half of Conference Championship...first quarter and a half/end of Super Bowl.

MFing infuriating.

They were able to overcome it in those games because the turnover margin wasn't so great.  Can't be (-3) there and expect to win.  Fact that they had a shot to take the lead with a couple mins left says a lot.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2011 at 11:43 »

Fact that they had a shot to take the lead with a couple mins left says a lot.

It was like watching Tiger on Sunday, where he's seemingly been scrambling since Thursday, but only needs a birdie or two to win the tournament.

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2011 at 12:02 »

http://junglegemsports.com/press/

Tossing my blog into the mix.  Basically, it agrees with LC's assessment.

Just read that Preach.  Spot on with what I saw. Just no Ron Artest to hit that three at the end.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2011 at 12:11 »

At least Ben didn't puke in the huddle.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2011 at 13:35 »

I think they should have been running no huddle a lot more, not necessarily because of the time constraints, but to get the offense in a groove and that's when Ben is at his best.  I can't believe they waited until the last drive to go no huddle.  And when they did run it, everyone was on a different page.  Would have been nice to work the kinks out earlier in the game.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2011 at 15:46 »

I think they should have been running no huddle a lot more, not necessarily because of the time constraints, but to get the offense in a groove and that's when Ben is at his best.  I can't believe they waited until the last drive to go no huddle.  And when they did run it, everyone was on a different page.  Would have been nice to work the kinks out earlier in the game season.

I fixed it.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2011 at 19:55 »

I think they should have been running no huddle a lot more, not necessarily because of the time constraints, but to get the offense in a groove and that's when Ben is at his best.  I can't believe they waited until the last drive to go no huddle.  And when they did run it, everyone was on a different page.  Would have been nice to work the kinks out earlier in the game.

No offense to Boot, but it is ridiculous how often the same complaint is repeated on this board, year after year.  And the common denominator to those complaints?

Do I even need to post it?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: