Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 11:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The worst part, best part of SBXLV  (Read 839 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Feb 07, 2011 at 11:01 »

Worst part:  The two-minute drill at the end of the game.  It is shocking that, as many times as the Steelers have pulled that stunt, they couldn't put it together and make a run at the victory.  It would have been better to burn the last time out or take a 5-yard delay, get their shee-ha together, and have a shot up until the last second rather than look like a bunch of buffoons.

BEST Part:  My wife's mom (age 57) died of cancer in 2008, and her dad has really struggled since that time (obviously).  He surprised us by driving 10 hours to our house to be with us for the game Sunday night.  Pulled into the driveway at 6 pm, just as the party was starting to roll, and we couldn't have received a better surprise.

BONUS:  Mrs. Preach knows how to put on a serious party!  Unbelievable food and great people...and since all the people with kids left around halftime and I couldn't drink a drop in the second half without throwing up, I've got enough beer left over to last until kickoff next season.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2011 at 11:11 »

Congrats Preach.  I think the best part is that now GB has won the SB, perhaps The Favruh will fade into oblivion and we shall never again hear his name, at least not for 5 years when he's on the HOF ballot.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2011 at 11:20 »

Congrats Preach.  I think the best part is that now GB has won the SB, perhaps The Favruh will fade into oblivion and we shall never again hear his name, at least not for 5 years when he's on the HOF ballot.

You are correct, sir, from a media perspective.  This is incorrect, sir, from my personal perspective.  The B-I-L loves the Fav-ruh, for some unknown and inexplicable reason.  Now, I will have to listen to at least a year of how Rogers is overrated and the Pack did Brett wrong because of him.  Great.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2011 at 11:31 »

That's the silver lining for me this morning.  What a beautiful slap in the face for that asshole.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2011 at 11:43 »

You are correct, sir, from a media perspective.  This is incorrect, sir, from my personal perspective.  The B-I-L loves the Fav-ruh, for some unknown and inexplicable reason.  Now, I will have to listen to at least a year of how Rogers is overrated and the Pack did Brett wrong because of him.  Great.

Dang.  You, sir, are uck-fayed.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2011 at 12:41 »

BEST Part:  My wife's mom (age 57) died of cancer in 2008, and her dad has really struggled since that time (obviously).  He surprised us by driving 10 hours to our house to be with us for the game Sunday night.  Pulled into the driveway at 6 pm, just as the party was starting to roll, and we couldn't have received a better surprise.

Not trying to be insensitive, but I did a double take when I read the start of that until I realized where you were going with the rest of the paragraph. I'm glad that it seems that the healing process has started to kick in.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2011 at 09:28 »

you almost made me cry at that, Preach. What a great story!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 21:35 »

The best part was probably Kim Kardashian's ass.

The worst part was 88's broken foot. Our that broken record sound of William Gay getting schooled in "coverage". No thanks to you either, Troy.

Still quite bitter. Shameful display.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
I Steel Believe
N00b

« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 23:51 »

Good posts, and good OP by Preach.

My Worst Part: The fumble by Mendenhall that took us from an INSTANT HIGH to an INSTANT LOW.  Everything was going our way, it was 21-17 to start the 4th qtr and BOOM.

My Best Part: Again, to Mendenhall, this time for that powerful TD run that made it 21-17 and found the Steelers who were (at one point) down 21-3, now down 21-17.

Honorary Worst Part:  The 3rd & 5 at the end of the game.  A wide open M. Moore over the middle for an EASY 1st down and a potential HUGE gain, because he had an open field ahead of him to the right, upfield, with 2 DBs and 1 blocker, but a LOT of green.
(Don't watch it it will just piss you off, lol)
Instead we had a very confusing Incompletion thrown further downfield on what appeared to be a miscommunication between Wallace & Ben, but I don't know for sure.

Honorary Best Part:  Watching Randle El take the ball into the EZ on the 2-pt conversion that made the game 28-25.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: