Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 04:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rank the QBs  (Read 379 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« on: Feb 07, 2011 at 20:03 »

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank?versionId=31&listId=23

Not real exciting to rank, just interesting to note some of these guys and wonder how they actually have a job, much less as a starter.

YOu have to question the validity of the poll when every single QB on the list got first place votes.  Guess that's a measure of how many of that guy's family members voted.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2011 at 08:07 »

Just for fun:

1-10
Brady
Rodgers
Big Ben
Manning
Brees
Rivers
Eli Manning (based on SB ring only)
Dirty Sanchez
Matt Ryan
Matt Schaub

11-20
Vick  (Made a ton of progress last year, but still not convinced he can keep it up)
Flacco (aka UniBrow)
Matt Cassel
Josh Freeman (like how he is progressing)
Hasselbeck
Orton
Bradford (I believe he will be higher very soon)
McNabb
Carson Daly
Cutler

21-30
Kerry Collins
Brett Favre
Fitzpatrick
Garrard
Campbell
Kitna
Shaun Hill
Colt McCoy
Chad Henne
Drew Stanton

31-35
Matt Flynn
Delhomme
Clausen
ASmith
Anderson

I pretty much think that you can group the QBs in 10s and make a pretty good argument that any of them might warrant a higher or lower ranking within that group.  IMHO, you can't make a lot of argument that any of them should rise or drop into a different "tier." 

The one true "wild card" in all the rankings is Vick.  If he plays like he did at times last year, he would easily jump into the top 10.  But there are too many variables at play, too many "IF" factors to put him as a top ten QB.  The insanity of the ESPN rankings is that Vick and Rivers are ahead of Big Ben.  There is no way I would put put either ahead of Ben; and while I have him at three, I can't have a serious beef with any other QB wearing a SB ring being ranked ahead of him.

For the most part, I think all of the top 5 QBs are amazing.  I tried to think of it this way:  If the Steelers traded Ben for ______, how would I feel about it?  I would be furious if they traded for Brady, but the man has the hardware so he has to be one.  Rodgers:  totally impressed with the guy.  We hit him 18 times Sunday and he still stood in there and delivered the ball, so I would be okay with him as our QB.  Wouldn't want to trade Ben for Manning or Brees, but wouldn't have any problem with either of them as our QB.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: