Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 27, 2014 at 06:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 O-Line  (Read 1994 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #20 on: Feb 10, 2011 at 09:22 »

Yea, ditto.  Watched the game at a friends' gathering and as I got home, walked in the door, turned on the TV and hit DELETE.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #21 on: Feb 10, 2011 at 09:42 »

Glad to see I'm not the only one.  Preach, why torture yourself?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Feb 10, 2011 at 10:44 »

Glad to see I'm not the only one.  Preach, why torture yourself?

It's part of his penance for other sins in his life.
At least that's the only explanation I can come up with.

Couldn't pay me to watch this one, or SBXXX again.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #23 on: Feb 10, 2011 at 10:50 »

It's interesting that so many had a copy and deleted it.  The first thing I did when I got home was download it.  When watching a game I tend to follow the ball, but I like to re-watch it looking at o-line and d-line play....  even the painful losses.   Sometimes I have to watch a play 5 times to figure out what actually happened.

I Steel Believe
N00b

« Reply #24 on: Feb 12, 2011 at 01:38 »

It's interesting that so many had a copy and deleted it.  The first thing I did when I got home was download it.  When watching a game I tend to follow the ball, but I like to re-watch it looking at o-line and d-line play....  even the painful losses.   Sometimes I have to watch a play 5 times to figure out what actually happened.
Yeah, I totally understand those who deleted it right away, but like you, I see things I missed the first time around.
And it has come in handy in a few debates so far. 
Like the play Sanders got hurt on where he had the 1st down and it appeared he ran backward too far and was given a lucky ball spot.  Actually, it was a good spot. I thought it was lucky at first but at the point he was hit and began getting driven back, the ball was still past the 1st downmarker.

The Mendenhall fumble and how both GB defenders got through. Although we still have to hold RM accountable for the fumble, I do believe after seeing it a few times that Legursky/Johnson deserve a good portion of the blame as well for both completely missing their assignments, which were right in front of them.

Also, the controversial "Was it a catch and fumble recovered by GB, or an incompletion" play to the GB WR.  It was the correct call, it was NOT a catch.
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #25 on: Feb 12, 2011 at 09:21 »

Also, on the pick six, Kemo's man blew right by him.  He was literally untouched and Ben had every reason to think he'd have another second to throw the ball.

I still think that going long from our 8, especially after we had just proved we could move the ball on the ground on the previous drive, shows all the play-calling acumen of a retarded monkey throwing darts at a playsheet, but that's a different story. 
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Feb 12, 2011 at 10:34 »

Also, on the pick six, Kemo's man blew right by him.  He was literally untouched and Ben had every reason to think he'd have another second to throw the ball.

I still think that going long from our 8, especially after we had just proved we could move the ball on the ground on the previous drive, shows all the play-calling acumen of a retarded monkey throwing darts at a playsheet, but that's a different story. 

Yep, we need to upgrade LG.

Also, nice comment on BA. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: