Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 01, 2014 at 02:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bring Back Plex?  (Read 2548 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 10:15 »

I bet Jerry Rice is still in pretty good shape.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 10:47 »

Shit, at this point, I'd give TO consideration over Burress.

Fuck that!

I'd sign Henry, before TO.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 11:31 »

Also, FWIW, if they're gonna take a shot on a FA WR, there are a lot of better options out there this year.  There's no shortage of FA talent at this position.

Each team TO goes to gets better ...

after he leaves.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 12:20 »

Also, FWIW, if they're gonna take a shot on a FA WR, there are a lot of better options out there this year.  There's no shortage of FA talent at this position.

Each team TO goes to gets better ...

after he leaves.

We could sign him, and cut him after camp...

TwistedLemon

« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 12:44 »

Article below is on a WR signing for the Steelers.  Wes Lyons NEVER lived up to what many believed was his potential at WVU.  He has some distinct advantages (6'8 is a big one), but never evolved into the pass catcher many thought he would.  Big question mark is was it him, or was it the system ran by WVU at the time (he played dueing the days of Rodriguez as coach, Pat White at QB).

Another HUGE plus for him is that he is an OUTSTANDING blocker downfield.....in the Hines Ward mold.

By Scott Grayson for wvillustrated.com

February 11, 2011

MORGANTOWN, W. Va. – Former WVU Wide Receiver Wes Lyons has signed a two year contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers. This according to a published report in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Lyons graduated from West Virginia University last year and attended mini-camp with the New York Jets last spring, but did not play in the 2010 season.

Lyons is from the Pittsburgh area and will now get the chance to catch on with his hometown team.

He was always an easy target to spot on the field. At 6-foot-8, 245 pounds he almost always has a height advantage on the defensive back that is covering him.

Lyons caught 42 passes in his college career for 517 yards. His best year at WVU was his senior year when he hauled in 20 receptions for 263 yards

"My reality check bounced"
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #15 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 12:53 »

He was always an easy target to spot on the field. At 6-foot-8, 245 pounds he almost always has a height advantage on the defensive back that is covering him.

He's one of those guys who makes me think, why can't they stand him over by the sideline and throw the ball 9' off the ground?  He's gotta catch that every time!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
TwistedLemon

« Reply #16 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 13:53 »

Absolutely right he had better always catch it.  I do know that under RR's system, they did not throw alot though.  Just saying, with the right coaching, he could be a good fit for us.  Telling you, he really laid some hits as a blocker

"My reality check bounced"
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 14:08 »

Yeah, remember they worked him out back in December.  Same thread, aside from usual MGS fuckery, does succinctly describe that despite Ben's apparent desire for a tall WR, plenty of Smurfs have had success in the right system.

IMO, height per se is vastly overrated. 

VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #18 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 14:13 »

Only if he has learned how NOT to throw the ball to the ground after a catch when he hasn't been downed yet!
Bonehead, maybe the Titans will want him.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Feb 14, 2011 at 18:28 »

He's one of those guys who makes me think, why can't they stand him over by the sideline and throw the ball 9' off the ground?  He's gotta catch that every time!

Yeah, do any of you guys remember Weegie Thompson? He was always good for on of those every game or so...

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: