Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 01:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad news Steelers: Meet the NFL's newest outlaw team  (Read 1161 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jul 18, 2011 at 08:24 »

Yeah, another slow news day.  Now check out this garbage - the author is clearly stirring the pot.

The image of the Steelers is transforming right before our eyes, and frankly it's truly sad. While franchises like the Bengals have been a joke, the Steelers have been the league's granite, the Rooney family seen as one of the cornerstones of the modern-era football team. There have, of course, been controversies involving the Steelers but nothing like the recent spate of incidents.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 09:34 »

SOS from last summer.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 10:36 »

You woke me up from a nap for THIS?!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 10:47 »

You have to have something to read while releasing the Kashi.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 11:25 »

And it has been building for some time. Kicker Jeff Reed was arrested for public intoxication in 2009. Tight end Jonathan Dekker was arrested for obstruction of justice. Santonio Holmes had numerous problems while a Steeler. Wide receiver Cedric Wilson had a domestic violence charge and was cut. Harrison was arrested in 2008 for domestic violence (the charges were later dropped).

In 2007, Najeh Davenport was charged with domestic violence, and later cleared by a jury. Linebacker Richard Seigler was arrested for being a pimp. Incredibly, he was released by the Steelers as the police were on their way to the team facility to arrest him.

The Steelers are crossing their fingers and hoping things stay quiet for some time. They're not alone. The league doesn't want to see a grand franchise like Pittsburgh sink into the muck of arrests and scandals.

Yet that seems to be where the franchise is headed, if it's not already there. And that's sad.

Who writes an article about how Pittsburgh is emerging as a team of bad boys and to prove that point, makes a list of all the recent arrests that only has one current player on it?

Oh, and you can add another point in the arrest department for the Bungles. Cedric Benson went Christian Bale on a family member and got locked up. Again.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 12:28 »

Jonathan Dekker?  Richard Seigler?

Wow, no reaching there.

I hope someone from the team shoots the author in the eye and does blow off his corpse.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 13:54 »

Who writes an article about how Pittsburgh is emerging as a team of bad boys and to prove that point, makes a list of all the recent arrests that only has one current player on it?

Who?  WHO?

Mike Fucking Freeman.  That's who.

Yeah, exactly.

Was kinda waiting for a Tim Worley reference, myself.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: