Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 00:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS Weight Loss 2011  (Read 15688 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #120 on: Feb 23, 2012 at 10:44 »

Good to see more people weighing in on this thread, pardon the pun.

Sorry to hear the little one's been sick, Scac.

Recovery from the 9 mile run was good overall except that my right foot has had top-of-foot pain ever since, slight swelling.  Read on a barefoot runner site that TOFP is common when one overdoes it, which I probably did.  Icing it and taking Aleve, but I did take advantage of 58F weather yesterday to run again (2.3 miles at lunch), just to keep it loose.  Hurts again today, but I'll probably push it and run again since the weather's nice again.

New favorite breakfast (which I'm having after I run today):  on a plate, I lay out a row of cucumber slices, then a row of tomato slices, then a row of avocado slices, then a row of smoked salmon, then a row of hard boiled egg slices, top the whole thing with S&P, try to get some of each on the fork together.  May not sound good but it is, ridiculously so, and it's got the fat : protein : carb ratio that's close to ideal, IMO.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #121 on: Feb 23, 2012 at 11:22 »

on a plate, I lay out a row of cucumber slices, then a row of tomato slices, then a row of avocado slices, then a row of smoked salmon, then a row of hard boiled egg slices, top the whole thing with S&P, try to get some of each on the fork together. 

I'm no engineer, but wouldn't it be easier to get some of all on your fork if you layered them on top of each other?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #122 on: Feb 23, 2012 at 12:01 »

I'm no engineer, but wouldn't it be easier to get some of all on your fork if you layered them on top of each other?

Let him do his lines.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #123 on: Feb 23, 2012 at 12:17 »

on a plate, I lay out a row of cucumber slices, then a row of tomato slices, then a row of avocado slices, then a row of smoked salmon, then a row of hard boiled egg slices, top the whole thing with S&P, try to get some of each on the fork together. 

Are you saying Finny is a 'stacker?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #124 on: Feb 23, 2012 at 13:25 »

Finny is a cuke stacker, yes.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #125 on: Feb 23, 2012 at 13:42 »

Dudes, it's called culinary aesthetics.  Sheesh.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #126 on: Feb 23, 2012 at 13:48 »

Dudes, it's called culinary aesthetics.  Sheesh.

Cullin' ass?  I thought that was when otis pared down the vid collection.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #127 on: Feb 23, 2012 at 14:25 »

Actually, it is difficult to layer the elements on top of each other, because the tomato and avocado slippery buggers.

Seriously, try it out sometime.  Costco rocks out the smoked salmon at a great price.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #128 on: Feb 23, 2012 at 14:44 »

Finny loves his breakfast.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #129 on: Mar 15, 2012 at 10:30 »

Intermittent arch pain in the right foot has limited my running, but I've tried to take advantage of the great weather.  Having later sunsets now with the clockes moved forward means I can run after work.  Last 2 nights did a hiking trail, which despite difficult terrain actually helped stretch the arch.  Anyway, 2 weeks for me to get ready for a 10-mile run, and I'd like to get a run of ~10 miles in this weekend to prep.  We'll see.

Every time we see friends, the comment to Mrs. F. and I is "you guys look GREAT," which is awesome to hear.  Maybe I'm being too self-critical when I still see weight that needs lost.  Haven't seen the numbers budge, but definitely seeing things shift.  All my fricking pants are way too loose, so I will need to revamp the wardrobe soon.  Neighbor said she was looking out her window the other day and wondered who the tall, skinny guy on our lawn was...  Haven't heard "skinny" applied to me for a long damned time.  But in all seriousness, I do need to drop another 20-25#.

Ugh, tried to do pushups and pullups yesterday.  Didn't get to 10 pushups before my back rebelled.  WTF?  My back wasn't even hurting, and I've been strengthening the core.  Will try again.  Goal is 50.  Tried to do a pullup for the first time in a million years... FAIL.  Not a one.  Who knew lifting 225# was so fucking difficult?  Going to try basic stuff like that, squats, planks, etc., plus some work with kettlebells in addition to the runs.

Pages: 1 ... 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: