Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 20, 2014 at 18:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Damien Woody--good value or overpriced?  (Read 1104 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Feb 28, 2011 at 20:23 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6168598

Is he good enough for the Steelers to pony up and sign?  or will he be overpriced?  I'm assuming nothing will happen until the CBA is sorted out.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 20:28 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6168598

Is he good enough for the Steelers to pony up and sign?  or will he be overpriced?  I'm assuming nothing will happen until the CBA is sorted out.

Over.  Let's just do what we do: develop from scratch.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 09:28 »

Personally, I'd be more interested in Jenkins than Woody. 

IMO, Steelers don't need another aging OT.  Adding a quality DL, particularly a NT, on the cheap might be a consideration.  Yeah, Jenkins has had health issues the past few years, but he's about 3 years younger than Hampton. 

Maybe those issues are more of an indication of how the Jets organization runs things and handles player injuries.  If their strength and conditioning coach is concerned with tripping gunners, maybe he's not doing the job he's supposed to do.

In the end though, as Mr. Wake mentions, I think they avoid FA options unless absolutely necessary.

One other thing to consider as well with injured players, with the CBA sitch, guys aren't seeing team docs and PT guys.  They're seeing their own guys.  It's totally on them to get straightened out and eventually, in shape.  Whenever this gets sorted out, bet we see a lot more injuries because guys didn't follow the proper protocols during the "offseason."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 15:55 »

W
henever this gets sorted out, bet we see a lot more injuries because guys didn't follow the proper protocols during the "offseason."

Could be a great point.  Will be interesting, but let me kick out an alternate theory:  What if there are FEWER injuries because guys haven't overtrained and overtaxed muscles and joints?

Love the way Jenkins plays, but he is very injury-prone.  However, if he's alternating with Big Snacks, maybe he has a chance to stay healthy?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 20:16 »

Gholston had a $9 million escalator clause in his contract for one sack or forced fumble or fumble recovery, but never got it.

Wow, that's just pathetic.  I mean, even if you're a total bust, you'd figure once in three years someone else would force the fumble and it would fall next to you.

Fortunately he's too unknown, or else that might be biggest draft bust ever.  45 games, no sacks, 32 total tackles?  WTF?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 06:51 »

Gholston had a $9 million escalator clause in his contract for one sack or forced fumble or fumble recovery, but never got it.

Wow, that's just pathetic.  I mean, even if you're a total bust, you'd figure once in three years someone else would force the fumble and it would fall next to you.

Fortunately he's too unknown, or else that might be biggest draft bust ever.  45 games, no sacks, 32 total tackles?  WTF?

SINGE VERRON COLSTON!!!!!111!!!  HES GOT LOOSE THE LEFT NUT UNTAP POTENTIL!!!!!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 11:56 »

In his defense, I think he only played in a handful of games.

Dunno what's worse, not hitting that escalator or only seeing the field a few times in three years as a R1 pick.  Even guys like Tim Worley and Troy Edwards can talk shit to him.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2011 at 21:33 »

W
henever this gets sorted out, bet we see a lot more injuries because guys didn't follow the proper protocols during the "offseason."

Could be a great point.  Will be interesting, but let me kick out an alternate theory:  What if there are FEWER injuries because guys haven't overtrained and overtaxed muscles and joints?

That could be interesting to see.  Troy will be working full-time with Marv instead of part-time...may be full time healthy for whatever season we have.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: